Author Topic: The Stoner Rock Thread....  (Read 6970 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
What I listened to Foghat in........
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 08:50:39 AM »

So I have posted this pic before.......The Camaro was my Mom's car, its a '73. After I got my license in '75 I counted myself VERY LUCKY on the occasional days I got to drive this to school. Today this car is owned by my band's singer and is completely restored to stock condition - its beautiful and is a perfect counterpount to her 1941 US Army  6x6.......

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: The Stoner Rock Thread....
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 08:56:31 AM »
I once spent the day shopping with Girlschool.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

PWV

• View Profile
Re: What I listened to Foghat in........
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 07:38:14 PM »
So I have posted this pic before.......The Camaro was my Mom's car, its a '73. After I got my license in '75 I counted myself VERY LUCKY on the occasional days I got to drive this to school. Today this car is owned by my band's singer and is completely restored to stock condition - its beautiful and is a perfect counterpount to her 1941 US Army  6x6.......

Damn Mark!  That's what I'm talking about.... does that Camaro have an 8-Track with Quadraphonic Sound? 

:D

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 10:12:09 PM »
I once spent the day shopping with Girlschool.

That must have been a hoot.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 10:28:54 PM »
That must have been a hoot.

It was different.  I was interviewing them for The Illinois Entertainer, and all of their luggage had been stolen before they hit Chicago.  My SIL (whom I enlisted) and I took them clothes shopping for the afternoon, and did the interview along the way.  Their roadie drove us in the van.  He was shacking up with one of the band members.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 11:44:49 PM »

"Damn Mark!  That's what I'm talking about.... does that Camaro have an 8-Track with Quadraphonic Sound? "

See that's the problem when you let your parents make all the choices in buying a car.......It only has an AM radio!!!!! The thing that made it work was a small outlaw AM station that played the best music......well including the afore mentioned Foghat........ ::)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 05:37:03 AM »
Nobody likes my new song? Alas

The Laws Must Change on Turning Point by John Mayall was a call to decriminalize pot from 1971.
This album deserves it's own thread....

marcnorth

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 09:05:42 AM »

PWV

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 09:47:34 AM »
Damn Mark!  That's what I'm talking about.... does that Camaro have an 8-Track with Quadraphonic Sound? 

:D

Did they shop with Lemmy too?  This one's classic:

;D

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 11:27:12 AM »
Did they shop with Lemmy too?  This one's classic:

;D

Not a Girlschool classic, but another Lemmy classic:

8)

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2008, 05:54:39 PM »
i'm stoned right now.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2008, 07:52:42 PM »

Awww.............. best I got is a lukewarm hangover that I'm nursing with more drinking. Ahh....... Fridays!

nofi

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 06:11:15 AM »
there is old stoner rock and 'new' stoner rock. this would include bans like sleep, om, electric wizard, sunn o (maybe) and the already mentioned kyuss and queens of the stone age. lots of slow, repetitive, heavy sludge. hey, just like being stoned. sleep's "dopesmoker" (jerusalem) clocks in at around 62 min. one song. :o
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 06:25:49 AM by nofi »

nofi

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 08:26:41 AM »
there is old stoner rock and 'new' stoner rock. this would include bans like sleep, om, electric wizard, sunn o (maybe) and the already mentioned kyuss and queens of the stone age. lots of slow, repetitive, heavy sludge. hey, just like being stoned. sleep's "dopesmoker" (jerusalem) clocks in at around 62 min. one song. :o

thanks to whomever posted that motor head/girlschool link. it made me smile. coolest person on that stage? philthy, of course ;D

PWV

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 07:59:14 PM »
thanks to whomever posted that motor head/girlschool link. it made me smile. coolest person on that stage? philthy, of course ;D

:)  You're welcome.  I'll take this group over "Up With People"  anytime.