Author Topic: F@ck tha Police!  (Read 4898 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: F@ck tha Police!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 09:44:50 AM »
Having served as a reserve deputy for some years, I'm more sympathetic to law enforcement types than some here.

However, the guy who responded to the party was indeed a jerkwad and I highly approved of launching into the next set. 

Too many officers get on power trips or simply get jaded and see everybody as bad, which tends to be a self-fulfilling assumption due to their crappy attitude when dealing with people.  Getting a bad attitude is a danger of being in a job which deals mostly with unpleasant, law-breaking people.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

ack1961

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 11:00:40 AM »
Having served as a reserve deputy for some years, I'm more sympathetic to law enforcement types than some here.

However, the guy who responded to the party was indeed a jerkwad and I highly approved of launching into the next set. 

Too many officers get on power trips or simply get jaded and see everybody as bad, which tends to be a self-fulfilling assumption due to their crappy attitude when dealing with people.  Getting a bad attitude is a danger of being in a job which deals mostly with unpleasant, law-breaking people.

Yeah - the fact that we had a backyard filled with kids aged 12-20 playing music, swimming and drinking non-alcoholic beverages, instead of hanging out at the mall, you'd think that he would have been less of an a-hole. On the upside, he's the only a-hole from the sheriff's dept. I've ever met.
Have Fun.  Be Nice.  Mean People Suck.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 11:47:03 AM »

I have a lot of respect for the police, and have a couple of friends that have been in law enforcement.  Lots of emotional baggage in there.  I know of one guy, an ex-chief of police, that was by all exterior scrutiny, an upstanding guy.   What I know is that the guy has abused his wife for 34 years, hides it expertly, and is always "on stage" in public.  He's a paranoic, and has that disdain of humanity that probably makes him a good cop in some ways, and a bad person in others.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 02:47:32 PM »
Once my dad was demobbed post war he did 30 years with the London Police force - the Met - I had no option but to respect them... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »
I've seen good and bad.  Both certainly exist, as they do in all professions.  The bad ones are quite visible and fortunately are being called to account for themselves more often now that people have cell phones and other tools to capture video of behavior. But some of them are really good at being obnoxious and overbearing and making enemies of the public without crossing the line to get themselves fired.

A letter from ack1961 to the police chief would not be a bad idea.

My favorite Freak Bros. character was F. Frederick Skitty.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 09:17:58 PM »
FYI, the thread title is a reference to

Droombolus

• Younger Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 12:34:13 AM »
My favorite Freak Bros. character was F. Frederick Skitty.

I'm more partial to FFFB philosopher Freewheelin' Franklin !!

Experience is the ultimate teacher

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 01:51:23 PM »
Thr cat rules...

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...