Gear Discussion Forums > Bill's Shop: Projects, Mods & Repairs

CURRENT CATALDO

<< < (170/170)

godofthunder:
  That looks like fun! I betthat Dimarzio sounds great!

dadagoboi:
Thanks, guys!  This was the starting point, an under $100 Glarry. At thispoint everything has been modded or replaced from the parts bin except the body and strap buttons. I'tried a dual rail strat pickup but it wasn't doing the job. The DiMarzio does sound great, series or parallel.

Exposer, first customer bass post Pandemic. African "Mahogany'. Going to be SilverBurst.

And this Stu Hamm, sent yesterday to its new owner. This was Hamm's Wasburn serial #001. I added a separate passive circuit Duncan soapbar and pots to the sound hole.

Mods are completely reversible. Jack is on a plate where the battery box was. Battery moved to the control cavity.

godofthunder:
   Exposer, hmmmmm sounds familiar! Lol My band in Boston was named EXPOSE! We were top of the pile in 1984-1986 courted by record companies,  in national rotation on WBCN, road crew, limos etc then it all went poof! EXPOSER almost sounds like another siggy bass! https://youtu.be/E1fP5tLo_oA?si=4uD1LplC1goDD8Nu

Ken:
Carlo, what's that PAF DiMarzio like?  I have a Carvin LB20 that I really love because of its neck.  It's been living at my friend's place for when we play together.  It's got their J99 single coils in it and I'm thinking of putting in beefier pickups and taking it out more.  Looking at options.

dadagoboi:

--- Quote from: Ken on May 15, 2024, 07:14:45 AM ---Carlo, what's that PAF DiMarzio like?  I have a Carvin LB20 that I really love because of its neck.  It's been living at my friend's place for when we play together.  It's got their J99 single coils in it and I'm thinking of putting in beefier pickups and taking it out more.  Looking at options.

--- End quote ---

The split coil magnets are ceramic so they're more agressive alnico. To me the parallel wiring option is just slightly hotter than a Fender Jazz and the series option adds meat. Scott's the expert on Dimarzios IMO!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version