Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

Fender to finally make the Starcaster bass and reissue the Coronado?

<< < (3/26) > >>

Psycho Bass Guy:
BTW, "Starcaster" was used for years for bottom-of-the-barrel super low-quality import Strat's sold in big box and department stores. They were priced at the same level at Squier Affinity, but with Walmart First Act quality. Pawn shops are full of them.  

Dave W:

--- Quote from: 4stringer77 on August 15, 2013, 02:57:09 PM ---Gibson bought Epiphone which ended up as their import brand. What was left of Epiphone in NYC ended up as Guild and now Fender is doing to Guild what Gibson did to Epiphone.
I was being silly about the Basscaster thing.
On second thought maybe the analogy between Fender and Guild as to Gibson and Epiphone isn't right either. So I guess now I'm the asscaster cause that's where I'm talking from.
How bout that Coronado?

--- End quote ---

I don't think the analogy holds. Fender has been committed to producing the high-end Guilds in the US all along. Most of them are acoustic guitars, so we don't hear as much about them.

Psycho Bass Guy:
My wife has a goldtop Guild Bluesbird, one of the ones they stopped making after Gibson beat PRS in court before the decision was reversed. It's VERY Hamer-like.

4stringer77:
That bluesbird would look nice next to an M85 bass.
Dave, I realized the analogy was poor and recanted myself in the quote you posted.

Dave W:

--- Quote from: 4stringer77 on August 16, 2013, 06:46:01 AM ---.....
Dave, I realized the analogy was poor and recanted myself in the quote you posted.

--- End quote ---

The asscaster? Don't give Fender any more new ideas!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version