Author Topic: Need Schaller Bridge and Tuners  (Read 1695 times)

marcnorth

• View Profile
Need Schaller Bridge and Tuners
« on: September 12, 2008, 10:34:26 AM »
I'm looking for a Schaller 4 string "Bass Bridge 2000" and a set of 2 on a side M4 tuners in "Black" to go on this latest custom order Hamer B4M of mine.

There was no black available from Hamer when I ordered it so I figured I would just switch it out after the fact and use the chrome for something else.

Only problem is there are only a few Schaller dealers here in the states and so far all I've found is the usual roller bridge and nobody has the 2000 model. I found a set of the tuners but if I can't get the bridge there's no sense in buying the tuners.
And I've been told by everyone I've contacted that ordering one for me is not an option. I told them I would be willing to pay up front and didn't care if it was a couple of months wait.

So where does a person buy one????? Any leads would be appreciated.

Here's a pic of the bass.

If this request should be in a different area the mods can feel free to move it for me.
Thanks,
Marcus

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Need Schaller Bridge and Tuners
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 11:16:20 AM »
Marcus, if you can't get anything in the States, I can try to get one for you here. But this will probably not work quickly: Schaller's distribution even in Germany is notoriously bad. They've now claimed that all that will change with their new distributor GEWA, but on the current GEWA site there are only a handful of Schaller products. Just let me know via email and give a description of what you want exactly. Is it this:

http://www.soundland.de/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/242182/language/uk

These guys might even ship to you directly.

PS: I'd have moved this thread to where it belongs, Dave, if I only knew how to do it.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 12:06:52 PM »
Marcus, Allparts is the main US importer for Schaller (maybe the only one now, I'm not sure). You probably already know this, but they have the bridge and both left and right M4 keys listed as available in black. Problem is, Allparts is at the mercy of Schaller's bad distribution.

http://www.allparts.com/store/bass-bridges-4-string-single-string-bb-3530-003,Product.asp
http://www.allparts.com/store/tuning-keys-bass-tuning-keys-sealed-tk-0931-003,Product.asp
http://www.allparts.com/store/tuning-keys-bass-tuning-keys-sealed-tk-0931-l03,Product.asp

As long as they're in stock at Allparts, then any Allparts dealer can get them for you. I've heard good things about the discount ordering at the EverythingSG site, although I've never used them. See this page for details.

marcnorth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 09:15:39 PM »
Thanks guys.
I thought I emailed Allparts but maybe I am wrong.
Just went back and checked and they were one of the ones who I haven't heard back from yet.
Uwe, Thats the bridge. Thanks for the offer. I will see if I can get it here in the states first.
And Thanks Dave W for the links.

Bass VI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 11:45:25 PM »
Marcus,
I'm an Allparts dealer ( well where I work anyway ) I can check on the parts, just PM with the info. My guess is they haven't got back to you because of the hurricane ( they're in Houston ) I call them a couple of time a week for orders, no-one was picking up the phone today (best wishes to them) As Dave said they are at the mercy of Schallers' distro, there are certain parts that they just won't order anymore because of the extended (months) wait time. Having said that, let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do.

Scott
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
All my pictures of you

marcnorth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 09:37:16 PM »

BassVI, Thanks for the offer. I've already placed an order with Allparts for them. The order was accepted and paid so I'll wait an see. According to thier site the items were in stock so I'm hoping to get them.

I didn't know they were in Houston, they are getting slammed down there.
I've got a buddy down there who always sends me pics when this sort of thing happens. He'll be on his Jet Ski on the road in front of his house acting crazy and taking pics of it

If my order doesn't happen I'll let you know.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 10:00:09 PM »
They're in an industrial park in northwest Houston. It's not a low-lying area so hopefully they didn't have major damage but 97% of Houston is without power and it will take awhile to restore it all.

marcnorth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 09:55:20 PM »
I got the bridge from them, ordered on Thursday and delivered on Monday. They are out of the bass side tuners and wont have any for 4 to 6 weeks. I'll reorder when they come in. Thanks for the help locating these parts. :)

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 11:35:39 PM »
At least they can get them from Schaller. That's a good sign.