Poll

Devoted to scientific proof: Is Dave right about "smells and tastes like fish"?

I try to never disagree with Dave, even when he's obviously wrong.
2 (16.7%)
Yeah, it gets up my nose too!
1 (8.3%)
What the hell are you guys talking about?
5 (41.7%)
Can we get back to a semblance of decorum please and just discuss anal sex like we always have?
3 (25%)
Sorry, I'm vegan.
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Guess who  (Read 3776 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Guess who
« on: March 14, 2023, 11:19:40 PM »
She doesn't look well.

Rectal Ozone Therapy

doombass

• View Profile
Re: Guess who
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 11:39:12 PM »
She doesn't look well.

I agree. Maybe too much experimenting with youe body takes it's toll.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 01:03:58 AM »
None of these celebrity health nuts ever wind up looking good. They get into veganism and end up with thin greasy hair, hollow cheeks and eye sockets, waxy grey-yellow skin... they are searching for deeper meaning in their lives and attempting to find it via this trendy secular asceticism. Reaching a higher plain of consciousness via the doctrine of Netflix documentaries and discredited medical practices.

Gwyneth Looks like an old Icelandic woman here. Gwynætha Paltrowdóttir.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 06:14:13 AM »
Alan, you're once again doing what you do best: Being a most wonderful riot!  :toast:

The treatment which Gwyneth seems to be inserting into popular discussion here, is basically reverse farting, am I right? And it's abbreviated ROT, ja?

And you've got to hand it to him, Dave's title for this piece of noteworthy news was very apt given the nationality of our cultural and health infl(at)u(l)encer ...

« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 09:01:50 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 10:39:33 AM »
Gwyneth seems to have become the unwitting poster child for untested treatments.  Aging itself will take its toil on anyone anyway.  But doing what she's doing appears to be adding years to her face.  It could be something else, but I doubt it.  As an actress (who doesn't appear to be doing much acting anymore) looking beyond your years is the last thing you would want.  I don't understand the faith in trial and error that she seems so gung-ho about.  Putting your faith in something with a track record and at least some kind of scientific basis would make far more sense.  I guess this is obvious to most people, but certainly not her. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 12:05:27 PM »
Organized traditional religion is on the retreat in almost all developed countries, but there is this collective surge into esoteri(ci)sm and a banal vanilla spirituality. I don't have that drive. I'm fine with reality which needs evolutionary change sometimes, yes, but actually exists. In the meantime, others are free to blow air up their butt for self-improvement and a better world.

Re Gwyneth's looks: We've grown so accustomed to filters, digital picture manipulation, cosmetic surgery + super-trooper-proof theater make-up that the sight of a middle-aged woman with an unmade-up face who might have had a bad day or a lousy night lets us speculate about her health. I actually think she was brave to let those pics get out and I think there is something vulnerable and intimate about a woman with zero make-up. There are enough Kim Kardashians and Kylie Jenners as is - spare me.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 01:52:37 PM »
My number one complaint about American women is their emphasis on makeup.  But it's true Gwyneth was authentic in showing the world exactly how she looks.  I totally agree with that approach.  I think a lot of women wouldn't have done it.  My concern is in trying to be healthy she is using methods which seem to be having the opposite effect.  Maybe we can't know for sure, but it sure looks that way.
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 03:42:38 PM »
At best, Gwyneth's various health endeavors don't amount to anything more than that old, phony celebrity adage on why they look so youthful: "lots of water and sleep + working out!". At worst, intrusive jade eggs, steamed vaginas and gassed up colons are health-damaging. Don't mess with nature.

Now that's a band name: "Gas Colon & the Steaming Vaginas".

westen44

• View Profile

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2023, 09:28:58 PM »
Yup, conscious unlactobacilling downunder is not a good idea.

But she's not to blame. It was Dave who made her feel all self-conscious with his misplaced "smells and tastes like fish"-comments.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2023, 09:53:04 PM »
My number one complaint about American women is their emphasis on makeup.  But it's true Gwyneth was authentic in showing the world exactly how she looks.  I totally agree with that approach.  I think a lot of women wouldn't have done it.  My concern is in trying to be healthy she is using methods which seem to be having the opposite effect.  Maybe we can't know for sure, but it sure looks that way.

The late Revlon founder Charles Revson used to speak at sales conferences and would begin his presentation by saying, "We don't sell cosmetics, we sell hope."

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2023, 09:56:47 PM »
But she's not to blame. It was Dave who made her feel all self-conscious with his misplaced "smells and tastes like fish"-comments.

You're probably the only guy who disagrees. Maybe it's a result of eating too much pickled German food.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2023, 03:41:47 AM »
The late Revlon founder Charles Revson used to speak at sales conferences and would begin his presentation by saying, "We don't sell cosmetics, we sell hope."

I think a case can be made for either with or without make-up.  It may depend on the person, though.  I know someone, for instance, who looks way different with make-up.  In her case, it probably works for her to use it.  Maybe this is something which applies to a lot of people.  Personally, I've always told girlfriends, however, after I've got to really know them, that I prefer that they go light on the make-up if possible. 

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2023, 06:38:52 AM »

You're probably the only guy who disagrees. Maybe it's a result of eating too much pickled German food.

You mean Sauerbraten makes for better and more enduring cunnilingus?

I have to digest this.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2023, 12:21:33 PM »
Lana Del Rey tried to settle the issue years ago.  Lana got the idea for this song from her Scottish boyfriend at the time.  It comes from some comments he made about how he imagined American girls would be.  Then Lana said something to the effect that she would have to use that in a song.  This is simply poetry and art in action it would appear.  Another attempt to adhere to LBO classy standards. 

« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 12:49:01 PM by westen44 »

--Blaise Pascal