Author Topic: Just a quiet day fishing  (Read 1226 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Just a quiet day fishing
« on: February 05, 2010, 11:02:55 PM »

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Just a quiet day fishing
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 09:26:35 AM »
My sister is a kayak instructor.  I shall send her a link forthwith!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 02:35:49 PM »
That was WILD! Thanks  :mrgreen:

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 02:59:31 PM »
I'd have rung that little bastard's neck!  :o

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 03:17:41 PM »
I'd have rung that little bastard's neck!  :o

Geese are a whole lot tougher and smarter than most people give them credit for. Pretty damn well organized too.When there are other geese around, and there usually are, they team up and coordinate very effective team attacks. The good news is they really aren't very aggressive, but if they feel you are threatening them or their young, they will go way the hell out of their way to kick the ass of  whoever is making them feel threatened.
Rick

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »
We have huge flocks of Canada geese that migrate (and live much of the year) through this part of Colorado. Hundreds or thousands of them hang around together.

If they got aggressive, it would be "The Birds" all over again.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 10:40:03 PM »
Maybe it was just a turf war, although I have no idea if geese fight to protect their territory from humans. Whatever it was, than goose was pissed.

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 06:29:13 AM »
If you ever watch geese when they are walking around and eating off the ground, while most of them have their heads down looking for food and eating, the geese around the perimiter will have their heads up guarding the rest of the group. They never leave their young unattended either . Whenever they move the young there will be an adult at the front and one at the rear of the group , always on guard and moving with militarylike precision. If anything threatens anyone in the group , the alarm sounds and they attack in full force.
If they are out in the water and being chased by a dog or anything else, they will taunt the aggressor and make him chase them into deeper water all the while the aggressor is getting exhausted. When the aggressor is getting tired and weak the geese will attack him and kill him.
They are very smart and they look out for their own.
Rick

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 09:17:53 AM »
That is a Toulouse Goose! They will stand up to anything! These are the bastards they force feed to get foie gras. Lots of pleasure in killing them. Great watch dogs. I fish both fresh & salt water in a 'yak. I would steer clear from a goose , especially now. IM LMAO. :mrgreen:
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed