Author Topic: Other hobbies  (Read 24656 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Other hobbies
« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2010, 04:01:46 PM »
I got sent this link on a restored Seafire...

http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?bcpid=90015277001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAACVfYk8~,joSdWnzSW53SWMSXWb0FjhSSjUZumgFr&bctid=652189715001

I only know of two flying Seafires - I believe this one is in Canada...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 22, 2010, 04:10:39 PM »
... and this one is rather cool... a tour round the cockpit of the Enola Gay...

http://www.davidpalermo.com/data/slideshow/4/enolagay/index.html
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2010, 04:34:18 PM »
 Kenny, thanks for posting, great stuff!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2011, 01:50:22 PM »
I have a (lapsed) stamp collection but this one is new out over here today... unique so they say... a 10 stamp collection but 4 of them are lenticular...

All Gerry Anderson stuff (Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90, XL5 and Supercar)

If you hold then right they work as a countdown as per the beginning of the show (Thunderbird 5 being the back drop even works...)

Somewhat "sad" to admit to being quite excited by these... ;D

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2011, 03:36:19 PM »
Picked up this model kit yesterday at a vintage store for $5!

Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2011, 07:13:27 PM »
Nice score Dennis! I have something like 60 vintage kits stacked up in my shop, it's like having my own hobby shop.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #186 on: April 24, 2011, 03:42:28 PM »
 My "in house" hobby shop. Lots of old friends in there many I built more than once as a kid. I get a lot of joy just looking at them. Kenny note the Seafire in the pile. The F4U-1 Corsair is one I am building at the moment. Awaiting detailing decals and weathering.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:49:13 PM by godofthunder »

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2011, 03:47:13 PM »
Yep, spotted it... I should drag my stuff back out of the garage and finish what I started, but ain't that the story of my life (sourced my LED's for my NCC1701D project and my superdedooper scale Saturn V got looked at again recently) but I'm stalled on a Eurofighter (still desperately hopeful of a Tiger-Meet scheme) and a Viscount (BEA  sixties colours - first aircraft I flew on) - I keep looking out for a set of decals for the Dutch F16 30th anniversary - saw her and just drooled...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxLz-f3zpLE&feature=related

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2011, 04:54:27 PM »
I still have the Revell monster models I made as a kid - found them boxed up at my parents' place...now they're above my big-screen TV along with a WSU Barbie (hey, it's collectible!)

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »

A Wazue Barbie!?  :D

I see she's blonde, we all know how much fun cheerleaders are  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2011, 08:28:09 PM »

A Wazue Barbie!?  :D

I see she's blonde, we all know how much fun cheerleaders are  ;)

That Wazzu Barbie is complemented by the Go Cougs neon light visible in the lower right corner. The light is great for an accent while watching Coug games.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Big_Stu

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 26, 2011, 10:22:23 AM »
Apologies if I posted this before; this was my first attempt of trying to create an "authentic" contemporary pic of my Model StugIII, which I took when we had snow. I may, time permitting, make a diorama for it of a battered street scene.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2011, 10:28:26 AM »
I still have the Revell monster models I made as a kid - found them boxed up at my parents' place...now they're above my big-screen TV along with a WSU Barbie (hey, it's collectible!)

LOL, those Revell monsters sure bring back memories!!! Glow in the dark mummy, yeah!

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2011, 10:49:54 AM »
Apologies if I posted this before; this was my first attempt of trying to create an "authentic" contemporary pic of my Model StugIII, which I took when we had snow. I may, time permitting, make a diorama for it of a battered street scene.

I like this as model photography, the focus is soft and the background is blurred - conjures up images of the Ostfront! Nicely done!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2011, 11:59:48 AM »
Yeah, but we didn't have zombies riding on top of those tanks except in B-comics and C-movies! But der Panzerkampfwagen ist schön enough.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...