Author Topic: Bluetooth question  (Read 691 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Bluetooth question
« on: September 22, 2009, 10:36:57 PM »
I've never used the bluetooth anything, so forgive my ignorance.

Sony makes a bluetooth receiver with an audio out jack so you can transmit music from your computer (or other bluetooth capable device) to your home stereo. Does anybody know how likely it is that this would interfere with a wireless network?

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Bluetooth question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 02:33:42 AM »
Wouldn't... Bluetooth thingies have to "link" together... Your "wireless" should not be broadcasting on the same frequencies, or on the same "coding"... unless you are really unlucky...

Got a link to it Dave...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 06:11:04 AM »
Shouldn't:

The (Bluetooth) protocol operates in the license-free ISM band at 2.4-2.4835 GHz. To avoid interfering with other protocols that use the 2.45 GHz band, the Bluetooth protocol divides the band into 79 channels (each 1 MHz wide) and changes channels up to 1600 times per second. (Wikipedia)

In the unlikely event that it does interfere, you can change the channel on your wifi to one that doesn't interfere.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 08:00:19 AM »
Thanks. Sounds like it won't interfere.

@Ken: I'm talking about this. Should work with any bluetooth device that supports the A2DP profile in its software.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 02:29:36 AM »
Ahh Mr Mojo... someone that knows for sure...  8)

... and Dave... looks interesting... my daughter would like that... (research... research... 16th coming up...)  ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...