Author Topic: My Epi Vintage Pro  (Read 4770 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: My Epi Vintage Pro
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2020, 08:20:16 AM »
Dave always had true romance lurking in him.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

D.M.N.

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2020, 07:06:29 PM »
But Rob has a point, the English language (and many others too, German among them) is/are in dire need of a term for a non-married wife or husband. Like Rob, I think "girlfriend" sounds of schoolyard, "fiancee" is intrinsically a transitional term with a best-used-before-date, "significant other" is heartlessly stilted census form speak, "mistress" intentionally denigrating and "(life) partner" anodyne. Linguists would no doubt point to the fact that the lack of a good term is no coincidence: "Thou shall not (be able to properly) name, what shall not be."  Yet times change (luckily so), language should catch up.

As a European I also squirm when I read about people past, say, age of 25, "dating" each other, that sounds to me of schoolyard too or of men in their 40ies/50ies in sports cars chasing women. I understand that it is ingrained in American culture, yet in German we don't even have a term for it! We use the English one since the last 30 years or so.

Well there's common law marriage, I suppose, though I think there's only 7 states here that recognize it. Hell, I was about 2 months shy of being common-law married to my college roommate!

tore00

• Southern by grace of God
    • View Profile
    • Snakebite
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2021, 12:21:51 PM »
I'm sorry to bring this thread to the topic, but I've just bought an Epiphone Vintage Pro T-bird. Nice bass, slim and fast neck, quite hot compared to the Bach, but not so hot as my Gibson 1991 T-Bird. I will try to make some pictures tomorrow
Maker of the Bad-Sonic Pickups

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2021, 10:58:51 AM »
I'm sorry to bring this thread to the topic, but I've just bought an Epiphone Vintage Pro T-bird. Nice bass, slim and fast neck, quite hot compared to the Bach, but not so hot as my Gibson 1991 T-Bird. I will try to make some pictures tomorrow

I'm a bit late but was about to say the same thing - except to add that common law marriage is a thing in all former British Commonwealth states, or any state with laws based on the British Common Law System.  Probably a few other Countries besides that as well.

Live with someone for a year (or whatever the accepted time period is) and ya married.  Divorce can get murky though, and if you later do get proper married the technical common law period may not count depending.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2021, 02:09:03 AM »
Congrats!!!! <3