Author Topic: To Boldly Go...  (Read 8509 times)

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
Re: To Boldly Go...
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 08:44:52 PM »
Best of luck Ken!! Hope your new adventure is everything you want it to be  :thumbsup:
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 11:55:20 PM »
Cheers Andy, mucho appreciationado... and Michael, I know what you mean...!
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Droombolus

• Younger Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 01:52:17 AM »
Johnny Paycheck... I had the nerve to tell them so... :mrgreen:

That's the 1st dream to come true on any man's quest ( or move or whatever ) ! Engage !
Experience is the ultimate teacher

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 09:03:04 AM »
Yup.  You should live somewhere you like.

After 17 years in Fort Collins, my wife and I have concluded that it's a pretty fantastic place.  The only direction we'd move from here is north and west, to Eastern Washington.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2015, 02:29:27 PM »
Company did NOT take the bomb well... quote/unquote - that's rather short notice, Ken, you could have told us you were moving to Scotland... (I just did!), but, but, but...
Anyway, long and short is unemployed from 4th September and they know where they can stick it...
I have an interview first thing Monday morning in Inverness (Highlands capital... well... only city...)

I'm sure if the situation would reversed and they were downsizing, they would give you the shortest notice they could legally get away with.

Johnny Paycheck... I had the nerve to tell them so... :mrgreen:

But did you sing it?  :)

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2015, 03:51:22 PM »
I was banned on two levels... no singing allowed... and the (sensible) daughter told me to raise myself above the situation... oh er... make that three... no sending the link...

:mrgreen:

Mind you, I've seen this gent perform it too...

Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2015, 11:58:03 AM »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 12:07:24 PM »
I'm somewhat concerned a certain German is shadowing me... :mrgreen:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2015, 12:38:45 PM »
I just read in a - conservative - German newspaper that land ownership in Scotland is among the most unjust and reliced scenarios in the world. The owners don't farm and the farmers don't own. Sounds like proper Middle Ages to me - I can't believe there never was a proper land reform there. Let me tell you from experience: Losing two world wars helps. But in the absence of that we have to make do: It was about time you went there to shake things up.  8)

Save travels, settling down and "local adjustment/assimilation" for you and your family, Kenny!

Tartan pics please ASAP!!!

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2015, 12:59:40 PM »
... It was about time you went there to shake things up.  8)
Save travels, settling down and "local adjustment/assimilation" for you and your family, Kenny!
Tartan pics please ASAP!!!

Vielen dank mein freund... ;)

Very much appreciated, my "family"...
The land issue has always been contentious and it is (literally) only just over 100 years since crofters (my ancestors) had the right to own land, but the cross-to-bear is also that some of my ancestors were "tacks-men" - Stiubhard/steward/Stewart - roots mean those that look after the land, and the blackening of the name is that they were often responsible for the "Clearances" - i.e. the populating of the New World's  - America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand - and the incoming of the sheep to the lands...
The Tartan... the modern invention... dead men did wear plaid... just plain plaid... if you have enough money they will create a tartan for you... McHornung...? :mrgreen:
There is a challenge with a buddy for when him and the Mrs come up we'd ged properly donned up, skiandu, (artificial) sporran, the full works, and maybe do the trip to the Highlander castle for some pics...
Hopefully will be setting up holiday-lets, and it goes without saying, once we're set up, there will be "mates-rates" for in-season visitations and off-season will be just welcomed... I'll have the whisky-trail all worked out by then... :toast:

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2015, 02:07:03 PM »

Mind you, I've seen this gent perform it too...

I assume you know he wrote it.

You be sure to say hello to Ewan McTeagle and Angus Podgorny for me.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 02:42:33 PM »

Inverness....... Hmmmmm.

Liebe Kenny, do not be surprised if one day you look out your front window and see a fellow with short gray hair and a bottle of Single Malt tucked under his arm to share with you -  Will will discuss amongst other things, 3 point  bridges and Hellcats.  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 02:54:55 PM »
Kenny, I believe that would be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 04:15:58 PM »
That sounds like a reasonable deal to me, Ma'am... don't forget to bring a big silhouette poster to aid my recognition programme... ;)

I assume you know he wrote it.
You be sure to say hello to Ewan McTeagle and Angus Podgorny for me.

Oh aye t' booth... :mrgreen:

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2015, 06:00:50 PM »
Good luck Kenny!

Make sure you get yourself a respectable shed this time! ;D