Author Topic: looking for inspiration - punk country  (Read 3583 times)

nofi

• View Profile
Re: looking for inspiration - punk country
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 07:25:53 AM »
modern studios and autotune are a beautiful thing. personaly i can't speak without autotune. ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:02:41 AM by nofi »
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 08:25:37 AM »
modern studios and autotune are a beautiful thing. personaly i can't speak without autotune. ;D

There are a bunch of nice and inexpensive effects for live performance that will autotune you to the right note and give you options on splitting your voice  to create perfect harmonies  above and below, above and above below and below etc. I've never used anything like that but they sure do make me curious. Some of the demos I've heard were really impressive. I always viewed this as cheating, but the older I get the more my morals are willing to compromise ;D.
Rick

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 09:22:09 AM »
At least the Peas used Misirlou as a backdrop for one of their numbers.  That shows some decent musical judgment.

(sorry for the ad at the start...)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

ack1961

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 10:35:12 AM »
There are a bunch of nice and inexpensive effects for live performance that will autotune you to the right note and give you options on splitting your voice  to create perfect harmonies  above and below, above and above below and below etc. I've never used anything like that but they sure do make me curious. Some of the demos I've heard were really impressive. I always viewed this as cheating, but the older I get the more my morals are willing to compromise ;D.
Rick

I picked up a TC Helicon Harmony-G pedal for my son last year.  No one else in their band sings at all, and it really is kinda cool.  He hasn't used it live, but he has for recording upstairs - it's a neat tool for adding some color to the vocals. Helps making decisions about adding extra vocal tracks and such.
Have Fun.  Be Nice.  Mean People Suck.

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 04:04:03 PM »
I picked up a TC Helicon Harmony-G pedal for my son last year.  No one else in their band sings at all, and it really is kinda cool.  He hasn't used it live, but he has for recording upstairs - it's a neat tool for adding some color to the vocals. Helps making decisions about adding extra vocal tracks and such.

That's the one I was thinking of, I couldn't remember the name. They have a lot of neat little toys ;D
Rick

pamlicojack

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 05:38:06 PM »

pamlicojack

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 05:40:39 PM »
Here's a bit more involved bass lines, especially 'Broken Whiskey Glass"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twgL6KGQCOw&feature=related

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 09:20:15 PM »
Last month I was watching a TON of those Jason & the Scorchers video's. I still love those old songs  ;D
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT