Author Topic: Lady Ga Ga and bass thing  (Read 9558 times)

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lady Ga Ga and bass thing
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 08:22:21 AM »
and if I got a ticket to one of her shows for free, I'd go just out of curiosity and probably be splendidly entertained. 

A ringing endorsement!   ;D

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 08:33:09 AM »
Always in character, hey Mark.

NB. You HAVE heard what that camel is allegedly packing, haven't you?

I have heard that and I think she encourages the speculation, tho I belive she is a genetic woman.  ;D

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Chaser001

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 10:07:27 AM »
The fact that she gets so much attention just illustrates what a void there is in music with hardly anyone to fill it.  However, the story about her getting her name from the Queen song is cool. 

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 10:30:59 AM »
I didn't like the Ga Ga at first, but my wife did and I was gradually won over. I like the different ways she uses her voice - it can be really powerful or cute or weird, within the span of a song. I get the impression too that she is totally involved in every aspect, from the music to the fashion to the videos. And she doesn't strike me as the every-day common notion of beautiful - she has a big nose (to me, and that's not necessarily a bad thing), and a lot of the time her look is downright disturbing, plus to me she looks totally different in different costumes/videos, like it's a different person. There's usually something in her songs that I think is ridiculous but I like them anyway!

The weirdest thing to me is that she got her name because she loves Queen and so her friend named her after "Radio Gaga"...  ???

Funny I felt the same. I dont like any pop acts, but I saw an interview with her and she seemed to be a intelligent musician that can really sing. She talked about how she never fit in and had a humble attitude about everything. She seemed genuine. My opinion changed of her, although I do not really like the whole Diva pop music thing.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 03:00:34 PM »
Her music isn't my thing, but I think she's a slick marketer and has been clever in finding a niche.  And there's talent there, too.  No complaints here.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 07:10:23 PM »
Yogurt from Spaceballs said it best: it's Moichandizing!

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 08:53:48 PM »
Her music isn't my thing, but I think she's a slick marketer and has been clever in finding a niche.  And there's talent there, too.  No complaints here.

Agreed!  And I too get the feeling that she's in control of it all.  Think female Gene Simmons ;D   

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 09:06:20 PM »
I'm not sure that her being more in control makes the music sound any better to me I'm afraid  :-\
Digresion our specialty!

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 07:09:27 AM »
Gaga like Madonna has little musical talent but great marketing talent.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

kungfusheriff

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »

"Hello, little girl. What are you for Halloween this year?"

"Lemon meringue pie."

JimB52

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 03:28:35 PM »
You have got to check out her video with Beyonce before passing judgement. NSFW
http://www.ladygaga.com/telephone/#

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 04:27:20 PM »
You have got to check out her video with Beyonce before passing judgement. NSFW
http://www.ladygaga.com/telephone/#

Definitely no man-gear visible in that video.

But isn't it getting more than a little absurd what goes into those videos?  I thought the actual MUSIC was supposed to be the point...but it's not in that case.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2010, 05:31:58 PM »
But Al, with a bass like she is playing holding surely its obvious that its about the music  ;D
Digresion our specialty!

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2010, 06:24:40 PM »
She kilwed the flipping dog...dat bit ga go douwn...and I mean mo one Wally...!
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

n!k

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 12:44:30 AM »
It's funny that someone mentioned Britney Spears; the guy who "found" her is the same guy who wrote and produced her (and dozens of other interchangeable pop starlets and pop groups). Here is her pre-surgery:

Her 15 minutes couldn't be up fast enough for me.
Half-speed Hawkwind