Author Topic: Lady Ga Ga and bass thing  (Read 9554 times)

nofi

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:11:35 AM by nofi »

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
Re: Ladt Ga Ga and bass thing
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 09:03:46 AM »
someone onstage is in danger with all those points and it looks like she is working on a "camel toe" pretty seriously.

I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Lady Ga Ga and bass thing
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 09:12:02 AM »

FWIW I'd work her Cameltoe  ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 09:30:06 AM »
p-pa-pah-poker-face p-pah-poker-face

(bass solo)

n!k

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 05:13:32 PM »
The marketing behind this woman is nothing short of staggering. I wonder if there's a single original thought in her plastic surgery molded head.
Half-speed Hawkwind

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 05:56:19 PM »
The marketing behind this woman is nothing short of staggering. I wonder if there's a single original thought in her plastic surgery molded head.

Nope. She's marketed for people who don't really like music, but want to say they do.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 08:30:48 PM »
FWIW I'd work her Cameltoe  ;D

Always in character, hey Mark.

NB. You HAVE heard what that camel is allegedly packing, haven't you?
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 08:46:04 PM »
Mmmm Big Hair!  :puke: :puke:
Digresion our specialty!

nofi

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 08:53:50 PM »
she has the best of both worlds as i understand it.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 09:49:37 PM »
You guys talk like a bunch of drummers! Her infamous "bulge" was a tampon string. If that's your definition of male genitalia, you're playing the wrong instrument!  ;D

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »
I didn't like the Ga Ga at first, but my wife did and I was gradually won over. I like the different ways she uses her voice - it can be really powerful or cute or weird, within the span of a song. I get the impression too that she is totally involved in every aspect, from the music to the fashion to the videos. And she doesn't strike me as the every-day common notion of beautiful - she has a big nose (to me, and that's not necessarily a bad thing), and a lot of the time her look is downright disturbing, plus to me she looks totally different in different costumes/videos, like it's a different person. There's usually something in her songs that I think is ridiculous but I like them anyway!

The weirdest thing to me is that she got her name because she loves Queen and so her friend named her after "Radio Gaga"...  ???

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 10:23:41 PM »
I didn't like the Ga Ga at first, but my wife did and I was gradually won over. I like the different ways she uses her voice - it can be really powerful or cute or weird, within the span of a song. I get the impression too that she is totally involved in every aspect, from the music to the fashion to the videos. And she doesn't strike me as the every-day common notion of beautiful - she has a big nose (to me, and that's not necessarily a bad thing), and a lot of the time her look is downright disturbing, plus to me she looks totally different in different costumes/videos, like it's a different person. There's usually something in her songs that I think is ridiculous but I like them anyway!

The weirdest thing to me is that she got her name because she loves Queen and so her friend named her after "Radio Gaga"...  ???

All fair comments but I struggle to get past the packaged, promoted product thing which seems more obvious than any real content to me.
Digresion our specialty!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 05:07:36 AM »
I can't see no bass pic here or at Talk Bass.  ???
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 05:15:41 AM »

http://www.zulanews.com/images/temp/[zula.co.il]_605256_63767_original_2010225_854507539_jpg.jpg

Uwe, can you see this?
Digresion our specialty!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 05:56:26 AM »
Oh, now I do, thanks. Well - just like her - it doesn't fail to make an impression, does it!

I don't have issues with her. Is she a product? Yes, but largely of her own making and indivdual style. She's not Britney Spears. I know little of her music, what I've heard is edgier than most of what her competiton does though it is not my style at all. Her appearances in public are carefully crafted for maximum effect, but as someone who once regarded Alice Cooper as the epitome of rock, I can hardly criticize her for that. She seems to have more brains and self-discipline than Amy Winehouse though less of a voice. And doesn't dumb her music down as much as Madonna sometimes lamentably does. In the end, her performance package has more to do with Andy Warhol than it does with Janis Joplin. I find it hard to be negative about her and if I got a ticket to one of her shows for free, I'd go just out of curiosity and probably be splendidly entertained.

Uwe  
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 06:45:09 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...