Author Topic: Vatican forgives Lennon  (Read 906 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Vatican forgives Lennon
« on: April 13, 2010, 10:37:57 PM »
I bet Lennon would be proud  :rolleyes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/apr/12/vatican-beatles-john-lennon

"The article comes four decades after John Lennon enraged the Catholic church by saying the Beatles were "more popular than Jesus" and suggesting that Christianity was a dying institution. The newspaper eventually offered its forgiveness for these comments in a 2008 article, when it ascribed Lennon's remarks to "showing off, bragging by a young English working-class musician who had grown up in the age of Elvis Presley and rock and roll and had enjoyed unexpected success"."[url]

I wonder how Lennon would react to being refered to in terms of a recalcitrant schoolboy.

"The 2008 piece, which praised the White Album for remaining a "magical musical anthology"

I have two words for the Vatican. "DRUG INDUCED".

It seems that this news on the front page of a recent L'Osservatore Romano is actually already two years old. Nothing like a bit of distraction from current problematic issues to help things along a bit I guess.  ;D

Digresion our specialty!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Vatican forgives Lennon
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 06:05:04 AM »
Didn't Lennon take off with someone much younger than him for a while too? That "lost weekend"?  :mrgreen:

Yes, the Catholic Church can forgive and is not above requesting the favor to be returned at times ...
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 06:13:45 AM »

Yes, the Catholic Church can forgive and is not above requesting the favor to be returned at times ...

Devilishly ambiguous of you sir!  :mrgreen:
Digresion our specialty!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 07:23:51 AM »
Didn't Lennon take off with someone much younger than him for a while too? That "lost weekend"?  :mrgreen:

Ahhhh, yes.  The infamous picture of John leaving The Troubador (?) with Harry Nilsson and May Pang.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 07:43:58 AM »
I have two words for the Vatican. "DRUG INDUCED".

I have two words for the Vatican also, but they aren't "DRUG INDUCED".
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Chaser001

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 12:36:08 PM »
I think this is all superfluous now, although Ringo's recent remark that the Vatican should have other things to be concerned about is probably correct. 

Muzikman7

• View Profile
Tony