Author Topic: It's pouring, it's pouring but this man will not be snoring...  (Read 3051 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: It's pouring, it's pouring but this man will not be snoring...
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 10:01:43 AM »
We just installed AC this spring here in Colorado, and the timing was good, as we just clocked about 22 days in a row over 90 degrees...set a new record here.  (In central Texas, this would be called 'moderate summer weather".) But the weather in CO is usually more moderate than this, and humidity is seldom over 30%.

I guess I'm the dissenter about seasons - I'd much rather it was 50 or 60 degrees outside than 80 degrees. I can always throw on a sweatshirt or jacket.  Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons.  The biggest problem I have with winter isn't cold, it's the short days resulting in me having a complete lack of ambition to do anything, as it's full dark when I get home from work.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

lowend1

• View Profile
Re: It's pouring, it's pouring but this man will not be snoring...
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 07:43:50 AM »
My folks didn't buy an AC until 1958 - a giant Friedrich room air conditioner big eThe Friedrich plant in San Antonio shut down last November and moved to Monterey to try to keep competitive (they're still headquartered in SA), and that was the last US plant making window units. End of an era.

That sux - I've always liked their ACs (even the imported stuff is pretty decent). I have four Friedrich through-the-wall units in my home.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter