Author Topic: Tee  (Read 1261 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Tee
« on: June 18, 2009, 04:38:51 AM »
Ken send me a vintage '81 AC/DC shirt and it fits like a glove! Thanks Ken! I wanted to post this much and much earlier, but I had some troubles with my camera. That's solved now!

As you see I try to get rid of the Doug Fyghter metal image! :)

Thanks Ken! I'll gig in it!!

BTW: The backside reads 'D-Day' so I'll use that another time if I need to bully Uwe.

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
Re: Tee
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 05:19:21 AM »
very cool. but how is an 18 year old shirt still in such good shape? i still have a few shirts from like 87ish and they're so threadbare.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 05:38:23 AM »
"BTW: The backside reads 'D-Day' so I'll use that another time if I need to bully Uwe."

:mrgreen: I still must have a tshirt with "What Rotterdam?" on it somewhere ...
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 07:46:41 AM »
Man, I almost spitted apple juice over my keyboard!:D Great!

Yeah, make that tee and wear it in Rotterdam once. Or finish the job. I hate Rotterdam.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 09:44:27 AM »
I think it is a nice city! Glad the Heinkels didn't do a better job. Not one of the Luftwaffe's Meisterleistungen to bomb an already  surrendered city because they had shut off their radio communications while getting ready to bomb.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 09:59:52 AM »
Do I read a small apology between the lines? ;)

Rotterdam. It's too sauber for me. Too modern. No nice vibe. Amsterdam is much nicer imho.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 10:17:02 AM »
Make that a big apology!

But you know how our hands were tied, we were surrounded by enemies, Poland had attacked us unprovoked, the oppressive Versailles treaty, the Allies would have employed you as their hub in north-western Europe, this warmonger Churchill did not take our beloved and peace-loving Führer's outstretched hand for a permanent European peace, what can I say, it was nothing personal but a small logistic necessity ...

And in any case you had way too many bikes!  ;)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 04:44:15 PM »
Chris... glad to have been of service, and remember, it is a deserved treat, after all, it was you that found me wandering in the wilderness...  ;)

Bryan... that Tee is very nearly 27 years old...!

I used to see a lot of bands - at one point I could wear a fresh tee every single day and never wash one for over a year...  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o
I had well over 400 at one point, still have quite a few and intend to sell a few on ebay to fund repairs...

How about a mint 1975 "Welcome to my Nightmare" tour shirt in pale blue with mid length sleeves, size small (mine is short sleeve orange but still wearable, just) but one I won't be selling is my original (worn to death) Motorhead "born to loose" - "live to win" 1977 tour shirt, though I may be tempted to part with my 1979 pale blue promo "Overkill" tee...  ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 06:06:46 PM »
see what happens when you smoke the greens! it says 81 right on it. duh.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 10:37:42 PM »
In 1981 I was five, not able to write yet and playing with toy cars and Lego:)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 01:00:33 AM »
in 1981 I had just quit British Airways (with a years wages in my pocket, tax free) and made a serious attempt to go pro, but not to be...

Bryan... I just eat the greens (veggie...  ;))

Chris... you just live in a land of quasi-leagl "greens" ...  :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...