Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

4001 vs 4004cii

<< < (2/3) > >>

copacetic:
Yes Montezuma Brown is the prferred color but only produced in 2005. I'll keep an eye out for one. Ilan and Dave you both mention that a toaster in the neck position (with the bridge pup off) on the Chyenne Cll won't give the 4001 sound..? Is it because of some other wiring configuration on the 4001?

ilan:
The 4001/4003 is all maple, the 4004Cii has a walnut core under the figured maple top. 

Montezuma could be ordered in 2003 and 2004 - it was the only Color of the Year that was extended to two years.

Dave W:
Also the different bridge will affect the sound somewhat. Not drastically, it's still a Rick, and it may give you what you need, it just won't be the same as a 4001.

uwe:
The walnut core should considerably beef up the mids to the detriment of some clarity in sound, at least that is what the walnut tone plate does on my Gibson Money basses in comparison to a model without it. It's not what I would immediately identify with a Ric which to me is more defined by highs and lows than by mids, but a midrangy sound has its qualities too.

Chris P.:
I loved that 4004 with two Darkstars which was at the DS-thread at the ole' Pit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version