Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

Tinted Windows

<< < (2/3) > >>

gweimer:
Me likey...   ;D

uwe:
It's not badly crafted, just soooooooooooo generic. But I've never been much of a Power Pop fan, which is why Cheap Trick's charm has always eluded me as well. What this track lacks is a bit of Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers "dirt under the fingernails", it's too clean and spotless.

Uwe    

gweimer:
Well, I decided to add them to my friends on MySpace.  Phil Miller, the old guitarist for the Bun E. Carlos Explosion, is an old club mate from the bar circuit days.

gweimer:

--- Quote from: uwe on February 27, 2009, 12:59:17 PM ---It's not badly crafted, just soooooooooooo generic. But I've never been much of a Power Pop fan, which is why Cheap Trick's charm has always eluded me as well. What this track lacks is a bit of Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers "dirt under the fingernails", it's too clean and spotless.

Uwe    

--- End quote ---

I think it helps to have seen Cheap Trick in the early years, right before their first album came out.  They were brutally loud.  One of their big club songs was "Ballad of Richard Speck", which had to be retitled for the record.

OldManC:

--- Quote from: uwe on February 27, 2009, 12:59:17 PM --- But I've never been much of a Power Pop fan, which is why Cheap Trick's charm has always eluded me as well. What this track lacks is a bit of Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers "dirt under the fingernails", it's too clean and spotless.    

--- End quote ---

It's funny you put it that way, Uwe. The dirt is what defines the line between a Cheap Trick and a Heartbreakers (not that they couldn't cross over occasionally), so I can see where you wouldn't be attracted if the dirt's not there. I'm interested to see what they do with a whole album (due in April). Maybe some dirt will make it through to a few tracks.  ;D

And Gary, would you be surprised if I said you were one of the guys I was thinking of when I posted this item? I figured you'd like it.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version