Author Topic: Warwick Custom shop 8 string on the 'bay  (Read 923 times)

Blazer

Warwick Custom shop 8 string on the 'bay
« on: September 05, 2008, 05:49:17 PM »
People's consensus about Warwick basses in general is that they're daft.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Warwick-Dolphin-8-string-NT-Bass-case-fit-thumb-4-5_W0QQitemZ290256211636QQihZ019QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Having said that, I love the way this one looks.

Bass VI

• View Profile
Re: Warwick Custom shop 8 string on the 'bay
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 08:31:15 PM »
Well as much as I like the idea of an eight-string, I've never been able to get even mildly interested in any Warwick, don't know what it is......didn't someone at the old pit have the tagline "Playing bass is fun, except on a Warwick" sorry Warfans, I honestly don't think I've ever picked one up, so I am not speaking from experience. Getting back to the bass in question, one thing stood out in the desciption....something about heat treating the neck, sounds like putting it in a "heat press" to straighten it out and then having a new truss rod installed. Excusing my ignorance, this may be routine maintainence for a Warwick, but it would sound like "neck issues" regarding most bass brands, the fact that it's an eight would make me think the latter. And finally..........Dolphins?!?!? ???

Just my thoughts,

S.
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
All my pictures of you

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Warwick Custom shop 8 string on the 'bay
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 10:26:14 PM »
Yep, there definitely was a neck issue and possibly still is. Warwick did change truss rod types a few years ago but there would be no need to replace an old one unless there were a problem.

Seller has a good rep but I would never deal with anybody who has to write paragraphs of conditions.