Author Topic: Midtown bass now in too  (Read 25596 times)

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: Midtown bass now in too
« Reply #180 on: April 10, 2013, 07:30:36 AM »
Yep, just contact him directly, he's very helpful!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #181 on: April 10, 2013, 09:59:46 AM »
I'm very interested in your report, Bill.  Will be watching for it.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2013, 12:47:52 PM »
Got the MOD-BAR installed today.  Nicely made piece of equipment.  Since I don't have a super discriminating ear, I have to offer this assessment with a grain of salt, as they say.  I didn't hear a huge difference once installed, but it might be just a little louder.  Of course, I've raised the pup screw for the e-string and that's had minimal effect.  I do have to say, the strings are sounding pretty even at high amp volumes right now.  I'll take it to practice with the big rig on Monday and that will tell the tale for the mod.

Right now, I think it's a bit better.  Overall, the bass still sounds great!

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2013, 05:06:49 AM »
Took the Midtown to practice last night and it performed well.  The evenness of string volume was better when amplified at higher volumes.  The difference I noticed was the pups, and probably wood combination, is tamer than the 335.  If I want the bass to be more aggressive, I have to adjust the mids and highs on the amp.  I play it and the 335 with the switch in the up position, which is the neck position and the Midtown did well, but need more help from the amp to be clear enough to be heard.

It still plays really nicely and I'm going to keep working with it.  I do like the tone and sound of it.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 27, 2013, 11:39:50 AM »
I bought mine today as well - I had the choice between a red, a pelham blue and a black one. The pelham one sounded best with the black one a close second and the red one somehow wéaker than the other two (but not bad as such). So I bought the pelham one even though that is the color I liked least - when I had only one pelham blue refinned Non Rev that was a cool color to have, but now with a Kalamazoo, a NR RI and an EB-0 Junior RI all in that color, enough is enough! But I really liked how the bass played and sounded. Nice high register access too. No faulting it for that price.

PS: The red one had a slightly weak E string, but we all know how at least color of finish shouldn't influence sound!!!

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...