Author Topic: wishnevsky strikes again  (Read 4249 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: wishnevsky strikes again
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 09:09:33 AM »
What's the best Wishbass for metal?   ;) ;D
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Blackbird

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 10:34:48 AM »
What's the best Wishbass for metal?   ;) ;D

The only only metal that should go near a Wish blade is a sawblade, then a fire stoker..

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 07:20:08 AM »
Despite the playability questions of his builds....you HAVE to admit the guy is DRIVEN and certainly leans more toward original ideas than copying others.

He's like a mad scientist luthier.

This acoustic thing looks more like a bass for a mariachi band. He says it sounds like an upright....but with all the re-cycled old piano wood in it, I'm surprised it doesn't sound more like a piano.

Like a friend of mine, who is a really good luthier, said...as he handed me a stripped down Wishnevsky  Wish Bass from his pile of junk parts....."it must be called a "Wish" bass because after you play it, you wish you never bought it."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 03:10:40 PM »
I think he is a true artist, albeit unjustly misregarded in his own time.  :-X
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 03:24:58 PM »
Despite the playability questions of his builds....you HAVE to admit the guy is DRIVEN and certainly leans more toward original ideas than copying others.

He's like a mad scientist luthier.

This acoustic thing looks more like a bass for a mariachi band. He says it sounds like an upright....but with all the re-cycled old piano wood in it, I'm surprised it doesn't sound more like a piano.

Like a friend of mine, who is a really good luthier, said...as he handed me a stripped down Wishnevsky  Wish Bass from his pile of junk parts....."it must be called a "Wish" bass because after you play it, you wish you never bought it."

Mad, maybe. Scientist or luthier, no. Talented woodworker, definitely no.

I think he is a true artist, albeit unjustly misregarded in his own time.  :-X

He's a true artist in the same sense as a three-year-old smearing finger paints.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 10:25:33 AM »
The only only metal that should go near a Wish blade is a sawblade, then a fire stoker..

Where is Scott when you need him?

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 02:24:05 PM »

At least he gets something that vaguely resembles a bass built.......Unlike Darrin Huff.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 03:44:44 PM »

At least he gets something that vaguely resembles a bass built.......Unlike Darrin Huff.

In legal terms: Wishnevsky customers foolishly order a "bass guitar" with him and of course get no such thing, but rather an "aliud" (latin for: something other), but that is still better than nothing if hardly what was expected.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2013, 10:13:16 AM »
In legal terms: Wishnevsky customers foolishly order a "bass guitar" with him and of course get no such thing, but rather an "aliud" (latin for: something other), but that is still better than nothing if hardly what was expected.

Hey, and no 10 year waiting list  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 10:30:29 AM »
At least you don't have to make a hefty down payment for a Wish, unlike what people apparently had to do with Huff. The downside is that you don't get a playable bass. Wish has been around for years, though, and at least some of his customers are buying with eyes wide open.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2013, 02:10:11 PM »

Kinda makes you think Gibson ain't so bad after all  :-*

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2013, 01:13:34 AM »
Kinda makes you think Gibson ain't so bad after all  :-*

How much does a refin cost for a NEW instrument?  ;)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 11:14:59 PM »
At least you don't have to make a hefty down payment for a Wish, unlike what people apparently had to do with Huff. The downside is that you don't get a playable bass. Wish has been around for years, though, and at least some of his customers are buying with eyes wide open.

How cleverly Dave alludes to suspected drug intake with all Wish bass customers!

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 06:44:05 AM »
i own an early wish. this is before he used serial numbers. mine is indeed unplayable for me but i'm sure someone with tiny hands or a pic player could use it. the tight string spacing is insane. on the plus side it has a wonderful tone with tons of mwah.(non word) the rodless neck is still dead on straight after 10 plus years. mine was a gift so i have to keep it, but what the hell.
btw it came to me ungrounded. hope wish fixed that. there is a guy on here who had over a dozen wishes at one point but i won't rat him out. :)

the abg sold for 300 bucks but chew on this awhile:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wishnevsky-Blues-Dog-JJK-Tele-New-Concept-in-Electric-Guitars-Great-Tone/151143241434?_trksid=p2047675.m1985&_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D18348%26meid%3D2070815747551242256%26pid%3D100012%26prg%3D8402%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D151136968736%26
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 09:23:46 AM »