Author Topic: ...6 Years Ago Today  (Read 2027 times)

dc10bass

• View Profile
...6 Years Ago Today
« on: June 27, 2008, 06:06:51 AM »
JOHN ALEC ENTWISTLE
OCTOBER 9, 1944 - JUNE 27, 2002

www.talesofcream.com - A Tribute to the Music of Cream
www.facebook.com/LIVETHEWHO - The Who Tribute

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: ...6 Years Ago Today
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 06:34:51 AM »
Aw man! Last time I saw my fav drummer, Mike Portnoy, was 2 Summers ago when he did his WHo Tribute with Billy Sheehan on bass!
That was GREAT! Billy played THUNDERFINGERS parts amazingly!
Tonight I'm seein' Portnoy again with Tony Levin on bass---Liquid Tension Experiment!!!!

Saw the Ox with The Who in '72---QUADROPHENIA Tour. Fokken AWESOME!!!!

nofi

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 07:33:49 AM »
tis' a shame, indeed.  but bad heart + cocaine + hooker =  :sad:

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 07:33:55 AM »
I've never seen The Ox live unfortunately, but he's my #1 bass player. It's no coincidence I play a T-bird and a Fiesta P.

I have dozens of CDs and DVDs though. Tonight I'll drink some old red wine on the guy!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 08:34:42 AM »
What a sad way to go.

HornetAMX

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 09:25:39 AM »
Daltrey also talked about the death last June of bassist John Entwistle. He said it really wasn't a surprise to him: "John hadn't looked healthy for a long time. I'm a big believer in alternative medicine and healthy living, and I can tell when someone looks ill. I saw it in John's pallor and his eyes. He lived hard and he took risks. Whenever I saw him in the last few years, I always made a habit of giving him a big hug before I left him. I was never sure I'd see him again."

However, Daltrey salutes the way Entwistle went out, in bed with a stripper. He said, "Ask any man what he would prefer--to live to a ripe old age and die alone or to go out shagging your balls off with strippers in Vegas? Come on, let's be honest. It's not a death that any man should be ashamed of."

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 09:50:32 AM »

That's an excellent point.............I think they call that coming and going. Would sure beat the nursing home  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 05:19:02 PM »
Can it be six years already ? Hardly seems possible. Thank you for your gifts John. Round wound strings, Bass in the front of the mix, and the room to expresse ourselves. RIP J.A.E.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 05:28:31 PM »
"However, Daltrey salutes the way Entwistle went out, in bed with a stripper. He said, "Ask any man what he would prefer--to live to a ripe old age and die alone or to go out shagging your balls off with strippers in Vegas? Come on, let's be honest. It's not a death that any man should be ashamed of."  Both my parents had long dragged out deaths in our vaunted health care system, what a cluster f--k. I'd rather go out doing what I want. A heart attack on stage or electrocution maybe. Hookers and coke ain't my thing. Live life now cause all that is waiting for you is someone to change your diaper and feed you.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 02:09:37 AM »
As a tribute I strapped on a Les Paul Bass yesterday, I dressed myself as an Asian girl and I played the basslines of The Seeker with an unknown band for a big audience. They went crazy.

My first experience with guitar hero. Not my piece of cake.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 02:32:40 AM »

" I dressed myself as an Asian girl "

My aren't we coming along nicely............ ;)  That just makes me hot!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...