Author Topic: Ain't it funny...  (Read 675 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Ain't it funny...
« on: October 19, 2009, 06:09:03 AM »
It's been a summer of new toys and broken elbows for me.  While I've been giving most of my playing time to the Scroll bass and the BaCHBird, I decided to take out the Bettie Page fanfret this week-end.  I gotta say that this bass really is one of the best I've ever done.  It's got such a great all-around sound and plays great.  I put it together after ordering the other two, but it has been my main bass over the past year or so.  I may just keep bringing it out, with one of the other basses as a companion for the night.  The Scroll is better for the country stuff, but I'm starting to have an issue with the G string past the 12th fret.  I may contact Bruce to see if he wants to look it over.

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Ain't it funny...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 12:53:50 PM »
Define "issue", si vous plait, Monsieur Weimer?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 02:07:03 PM »
It feels and sounds like the G string is nearly fretting out above the 12th fret.  The notes die pretty quick and just don't seem to have that ring to them.  With those mandolin frets, that could mean that the action there is sitting on the neck.  I hope I don't have a warped fingerboard.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 03:24:02 PM »
 :o ("The horror...")
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...