Author Topic: I don't know if Ox reference in the ad fits, but you don't see these every day  (Read 2734 times)

nofi

• View Profile
i have had a couple of those cabs. i liked then alot. what i didn't like were all the screws holding the backs on.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
That cab looks very much like the old Fender 2x15 in terms of the number of screws.  Definitely a chore only to be undertaken with an electric drill or powered screwdriver.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
I would love to have a play through one of those Sunn heads. I've never even seen one in the flesh but drool when i see the pics and descriptions.  As for EV 15L's  definitely one of my favourite speakers. What a great looking rig!
Digresion our specialty!

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
As for EV 15L's  definitely one of my favourite speakers. What a great looking rig!

+1!

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
i have 2 ev 15's in a cab and actually used it the past saturday afternoon along with a 6 10 cab at an outside festival with no PA support.  Coupe of old hartke heads with the tube side preamp cranked.  Sounded great..  My back still hurts....
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
What's the output of a 200S? A buddy has one which sort of works and I've been thinking about taking it off his hands.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
What's the output of a 200S? A buddy has one which sort of works and I've been thinking about taking it off his hands.

They're around 60 watts and very warm sounding without being muddy. 200S amps were the other studio workhorses of the 60's and 70's and can do stage volume easily with a good cab.

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
The Ox reference is valid, but you would need at least 2 to make a "real-deal Entwistle Rig!!!"

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
I knew he played Sunn 2000S amps, but never knew about the 200S. Makes sense though; those 2x15 cabs were designed around the 200S and originally came with JBL D140 F's.

Denis

• View Profile
Hmm, I have a Sunn 2x15...
Clocks.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
Hmm, I have a Sunn 2x15...

Sounds like a great reason to get the 200S ;D

Denis

• View Profile
Kinda what I was thinking!
Clocks.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Youse gize is alla buncha enablers - and it's always handy to know where to go to get enabled!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:49:17 AM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
I was thinking the same thing !  ;D
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird