Author Topic: Jacques  (Read 1634 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Jacques
« on: March 25, 2022, 05:18:05 PM »
Jacques has 7 basses.
He buys 2 more. 
What does he have now?

Happiness.
Jacques has happiness.
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Jacques
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 05:45:57 PM »
Jacques has 7 basses.
He buys 2 more. 
What does he have now?

Happiness.
Jacques has happiness.

Even if one is blue and orange?   :o
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 09:58:32 PM »
Even if one is blue and orange?   :o

I think both Florida and Auburn look good with orange and blue uniforms, especially Florida which has a more classic look.  For basses, I'm not sure, but I might consider it.  In recent years, I often give a priority to black for basses, though. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 12:32:18 AM by westen44 »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 10:48:28 AM »
I have seven basses at the moment and it gives me space anxiety! If any little Alankos come along then bass space will have to be sacrificed!

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 08:53:29 PM »
I can relate.  I'm also having a problem now with not enough bass space. 

--Blaise Pascal

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2022, 09:43:20 AM »
I can relate.  I'm also having a problem now with not enough bass space.

Well you will have to switch to fiddles and mandos or just suck it up.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 04:01:02 PM »
Well you will have to switch to fiddles and mandos or just suck it up.

My grandfather played the fiddle.  But I was too young to have much of an idea of what was going on.  I have a friend that I've known since we were teenagers.  He is a music virtuoso.  Plays keyboards in a country band and teaches music at a community college.  The mandolin, though, is one of his favorite instruments.  What I like is listening to him play bass.  It's note perfect and if you're not careful it can be discouraging.  He gives private jazz bass lessons.  I've taken lessons from him, but it was very long ago when we were teenagers. 

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2022, 05:12:18 PM »
Good thing you don't collect tympani and tubas.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2022, 07:40:47 PM »
When it comes to bass, it seems I always only need just one more.  It has been that way for years.  Continual self-deception.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:13:27 PM by westen44 »

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2022, 02:19:00 PM »
When it comes to bass, it seems I always only need just one more.  It has been that way for years.  Continual self-deception.

I have a dozen plus an electric upright.  Looking to sell my Ibanez hollowbody and a vintage Lyle 6-string. I only have so much room myownself.

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2022, 03:44:51 PM »
Twenty something including a 3/4 sized upright . We have a small house with a good sized yard . Thankfully Herself looks upon a nice looking bass as art . Speaker cabs are a harder sell . I’m looking at amps more now than basses and I’m pretty well amped . I’d love to find a Monique by Jule …
There’s always something .

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2022, 08:50:25 PM »
I have around 15, although a few of them are really no longer worth bothering with. 

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2022, 08:58:07 PM »
I'm down to four and will sell one of those soon.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2022, 09:20:32 PM »
Some time ago I mentally narrowed it down to four basses I would take with me if I suddenly had to leave my house and didn't know when I could return.  I was thinking about that kind of stuff even before the world started turning apocalyptic. 

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2022, 08:50:04 PM »
Some time ago I mentally narrowed it down to four basses I would take with me if I suddenly had to leave my house and didn't know when I could return.  I was thinking about that kind of stuff even before the world started turning apocalyptic.

Which floats better, mahogany or maple?  ;D