Main Forums > The Bass Zone

Short string recommendation

(1/4) > >>

shadowcastaz:
Im looking for a recommendation for some lo tension short scale strings. Both flats and round . thanx

patman:
I know this is heresy, but I use EB extra slinky

I cut them down...they all fit except I have to unravel the outermost winding on the e-string 1/4 inch to go into the tuner.

super low tension--super flexible for slap

YMMV

haven't found flats for ss

drbassman:
TI Jazz flats and rounds are the lowest tensions strings on the market to my knowledge.  I use both and love the way I can bend them and how easy they are for me to play.  In most cases, the 32" scale TI strings, the shorted they make, fit 30" basses just fine without the need to do a lot of cutting or surgery.  I have them on 5-6 30" basses presently.

Dave W:

--- Quote from: patman on February 05, 2009, 11:56:25 AM ---I know this is heresy, but I use EB extra slinky

I cut them down...they all fit except I have to unravel the outermost winding on the e-string 1/4 inch to go into the tuner.

super low tension--super flexible for slap

YMMV

haven't found flats for ss

--- End quote ---

Why is that heresy? I use Super Slinkys (Slinkies?) on my roundwound-strung basses.

Saf:
I use fender flats or labelle black nylon tape wound on my basses, And now I have some DR black beatys on two of them but that's not really my cup op thea. Almost al my bassguitars are shortscales.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version