Main Forums > The Bass Zone

Who's afraid of Fusion?

(1/8) > >>

Blazer:
In response to what was being said in the Jeff Berlin thread that "Fusion has a very small following" and that the general consesus was that you could fall alseep to it. I decided to start a threat where we celebrate fusion because I'm sure that even that kind of music has some interrest on this forum. And that fusion can be fun and funky to listen to.

Chick Corea - "Got a match?"
Listen to Corea and Bassplayer John Pattitucci playing the main riff in unisone and having so much fun doing so.

Miles Davis - "Tutu"
In my opinion one of his finest moments of the later part of his career. Marcus Miller plays a starring role in this performance by just providing the low end an doing nothing more than that but being incredibly good it at. Note also Foley, playing a tenor bass (Tuned A-D-G-C)

Stanley Clarke and Jeff Beck - "Lopsy Lu"
Can't deny the fun in this performance.

SKATE RAT:
 :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored:

Dave W:
IMHO it's a load of goadawful self-masturbatory crap. I'm not "afraid" of it... I loathe it.

YMMV, of course. You may hate some music I like. You probably do. And that doesn't bother me. I like what I like, and I'll never like fusion in any form, shape or fashion.

Fusion has a small following. That doesn't make it good or bad. Still, it's a fact. You're not going to change that fact by posting a bunch of clips, and you're not going to convince anyone to like it by trying to explain it.

SKATE RAT:
go listen to DEVO ! 8)

hollowbody:
Man, I pressed pause on the Meters live recording I'm listening to for this????  ;)

IMHO, Chick Cora is hands down the least "musical" musician on the planet.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version