Main Forums > The Bass Zone

New Year's eve with The Nasty Habits

(1/4) > >>

TBird1958:

So this new Year's eve was a repeat of last year for The Nasty Habits, we played a place called Little Red Studio in downtown Seattle. It's owned by an Erotic Arts Theater group and most folks that attend are at least of a somewhat alternative lifestyle - thus we fit right in. Its a large two storey space, that's nicely decorated and easily holds 250 people. We played 3 45 minute sets and had a great time, even had the chance to go out front to see the fireworks get shot off the Space Needle. There was one unfortunate thing for me tho, my Fenderbird came along as my back up bass to the Nikki Bird and during the third set I somehow slipped my cord over some part of its stand and pulled it face first onto the stage  :-[  At first it didn't appear to have done anything to it, but sadly I discovered later that the rear pickup cover had taken a serious blow and is quite dented.............Guess I'm on the lookout for a new one.       

Here's the stage after we finished soundcheck, the venue's principle is an *artist* and does these very large canvases.............

I'm just having a good time with my new bass, which BTW sounded great! Its a wonderful player and I'm liking its somewhat thumpy goodness.

Gratuitous Space Needle fireworks.............. It was cold and rainy out!

And it wasn't all work, here I am with my bandmate Ginger.

PWV:
Cool pics Mark (is that fireworks shot from Capitol Hill? ) - bummer about the Fenderbird.  Good thing it wasn't the Nikki that took a header though, could have been worse!

All is right with the world when one is playing on New Year's Eve.... 

godofthunder:
Looks like a fun gig Mark ! while sitting on the couch watching my family nod off waiting for midnight I found myself wishing I had a gig NYE ! Mark greatdealz1967 on ebay has more 70's Thunderbird pick up covers up for 29 bucks  each ! I just bought another two. get 'em while they are hot !

gweimer:
Looks like a great time!  My NYE gig was pretty dull.  They served beige food...

TBird1958:

Well,

Here's a shot of the dented pup cover.................... :sad:
Haven't been on Ebay yet but I'm happy there's some out there to get at a reasonable price.
--- Quote from: PWV on January 01, 2009, 10:43:55 PM ---Cool pics Mark (is that fireworks shot from Capitol Hill? ) - bummer about the Fenderbird.  Good thing it wasn't the Nikki that took a header though, could have been worse!

All is right with the world when one is playing on New Year's Eve.... 

--- End quote ---

Dave, were on the corner of Dexter and Harrison at the north end of the Battery St. Tunnel, by KING5 TV. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version