Author Topic: Anyone know Bacchus basses?  (Read 1139 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Anyone know Bacchus basses?
« on: August 08, 2020, 02:31:35 PM »
I ran into this Bacchus Woodline WL-007 today used. Price is $349. 

J pickups, nice slender neck, quilted maple veneer on body and headstock.  Turbo switch on the tone pot switches pickups from series to parallel.  I find myself really attracted to this one.

Anyone have experience with these Bacchus basses? This one is handmade in the Philippines, woodwork is very nice indeed, hardware is solid. Prices are irregular at various sites but this one is at least $200 under any other I find online.

Photo is from another website, still can't post my photos here....
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know Bacchus basses?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 02:40:59 PM »
Don't remeber playing one, but I remember seeing them as far back as the late 90s. Japanese company, maybe distributed by Ishibashi. They were moderately priced, not cheap.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 06:23:39 PM »
Thanks.  Yep, I saw an Ishibashi listing for the line, but this one was out of stock. It does sound like they've been around for years.

From reviews it sounds like one of the least expensive handmade basses in the line. It has a mahogany back behind the quilted maple front.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 07:52:15 AM »
Well, I was saved from myself.  Called them Tuesday and they had it packed up - someone spotted it on GC's online database and grabbed it.

Probably just as well; I have a couple of basses that I am not using and should sell, not buy.

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 04:23:07 PM »
I have found it is much easier to buy a bass than it is to sell one, especially the time involved.