Author Topic: Whitney Houston dies  (Read 4944 times)

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Whitney Houston dies
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »

Regardless of how..........48 is too young to check out  :-\
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 10:55:19 PM »
I think with the sh!t she was doing, for as long as she was, she made it to a ripe old age.

Twenty five years ago, she was prime.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 11:12:22 PM »
Two nights ago

Whatever she died of, it wasn't old age, and you can bet her own actions were responsible. I can't feel sorry for people who do that to themselves.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 08:59:55 AM »
Two nights ago

Whatever she died of, it wasn't old age, and you can bet her own actions were responsible. I can't feel sorry for people who do that to themselves.

No matter how hard life gets, we all have choices and options.  She had the means to choose recovery and a better life that many of us never have.  Her voice has been gone for a long time.  She killed that as another choice.  It's always sad when news like this comes out, but it's not a real surprise.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 09:56:15 AM »
What's sad is Her daughter...she seems to be following in Her footsteps.....Crack is whack. I hate celebrities....They have everything...and act like assholes and ruin their lives...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 10:16:31 AM »
I don't understand why extreme creative talent is so often paired with a tendency toward addiction. I regret the loss of people like Whitney, but I also feel that the outcome is their responsibility.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 01:13:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure the percentage of 'average' people who screw up their lives is similar to the percentage of celebs who do the same.  We  just don't hear about it.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 02:50:18 PM »
 Never a fan but she sure was a talent, sad anyway you slice it.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 03:23:08 PM »
never was a fan, but I've sure played her songs in enough bands...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 04:19:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure the percentage of 'average' people who screw up their lives is similar to the percentage of celebs who do the same.  We  just don't hear about it.

My thoughts as well. The spectacular flame out factor might have more to do with the amount of available resources that many celebrities have, as well as their lives being lived under the microscope either way. The rest of us (who are prone to that sort of thing) tend to screw up our lives in less notable (but sometimes just as deadly) fashion.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 04:34:14 PM »
I think I heard on the news that Jennifer Hudson would be doing a tribute to her at the Grammys. Wow. If you thought Whitney Houston's vocal histrionics were over the top (and I did), if you watch, you'll have to endure Hudson's godawful all-head-voice melismatic quavering. I wish she would get fat again so she wouldn't be making those Weight Watchers commercials. It'll be even worse than the few seconds I heard of Christina Aguilera squawking at Etta James' funeral.

Not my idea of good music. YMMV.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 05:27:43 PM »
godawful all-head-voice melismatic quavering.

That pretty much nails it for me as well.  :mrgreen:

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 07:37:03 AM »
We all have choices in life to make and sometimes they turn deadly.  I will never be able to understand how celebrities, who typically have all of the material wealth they could possibly acquire, go down into the black hole of self-doubt and loathing to the point of self-destruction.  It just goes to show you that career success and materialism aren't a religion that can sustain one for very long.  There's much more to life than "stuff."  Very sad.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »

My thoughts as well. The spectacular flame out factor might have more to do with the amount of available resources that many celebrities have, as well as their lives being lived under the microscope either way. The rest of us (who are prone to that sort of thing) tend to screw up our lives in less notable (but sometimes just as deadly) fashion.

I agree with you both. Celebrity or average person, either screwing up sucks.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.