Author Topic: Poor Gwyneth ... - NEW: Bonus Kim K Kontent!!!  (Read 37630 times)

4stringer77

• View Profile
How does nobody take advantage of a joke set up like that?
 That wave was so high, it had to eat some ice cream and sleep it off!  :rimshot:
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Rob

• View Profile
 :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:
How does nobody take advantage of a joke set up like that?
 That wave was so high, it had to eat some ice cream and sleep it off!  :rimshot:

westen44

• View Profile
Gwyneth's divorce is so perfect she thinks it should be used as a model for other people to follow. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/12/29/so-gwyneth-paltrow-has-the-perfect-divorce-too.html
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Gwyneth's divorce is so perfect she thinks it should be used as a model for other people to follow. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/12/29/so-gwyneth-paltrow-has-the-perfect-divorce-too.html

She's perfectly divorced ....from reality!  :mrgreen:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
I'll come to her defense for once, if her relationship with the Coldplay guy is still as good as she says it is, then that is great for her kids. Even a peaceful divorce is still a challenge to them, but it's the next best thing to the parents staying happily together as a married couple.

And to give her and him some credit: There was zilch dirty laundry washed between them at all when they separated. Just the (ok: somewhat pretentious) announcement and that was it. Whatever the "conscious uncoupling" between them was, it seems to have worked, congrats. Unlike Johnny Depp who all of the sudden turned supposedly wife beater after just a year or so (and had his first wife come up in his defence) or Brad Pitt who went from role model husband to allegedly kids harrassing drunk all of the sudden. Gwyneth might steam her clam and all that, but she is seemingly no Amber or Angelina.

I had a New Year's Eve dinner at my first wife's house (and her significant other who is incidentally my best friend) yesterday, together with my current wife plus the kids (who had cooked for us) from my first marriage and it was a lovely, fun evening, if a little heavy on the alcohol! Infinitely superior to the fleeting gratification you get for dishing it out in a war of roses.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
I agree that it's great she and the Coldplay guy can have such a peaceful divorce.  On the other hand, what she may be failing to understand is that there are some people in the world not as nice as she seems to be.  People can't just force a peaceful divorce to happen when at least one person involved is determined to be uncooperative.  I don't speak from personal experience, but from what I've observed watching people around me, etc. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
... and her significant other who is incidentally my best friend

M'Lord, I note the accused has left an opening for questioning the motive of the circumstance...

Just kidding... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
No issue at all. They only got together after my first wife and I had separated for many years. I'm happy for both of them, she had been alone too long and his marriage had been a shambles for far too many years. And I always knew that they were attracted to each other anyhow - though they always denied it/didn't know it themselves!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Highlander

• View Profile
Nice, for all concerned... ;)

Michael, not seen the series but it has received good reviews... series 2 is in progress this side of the pond so the jury's out...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

westen44

• View Profile
Nice, for all concerned... ;)

Michael, not seen the series but it has received good reviews... series 2 is in progress this side of the pond so the jury's out...

I just saw it advertised this morning on TV and they definitely did make it look appealing. 

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What makes you think anything Gwyneth says has any relation to reality?

If it really is amicable, that's fine for them, but she's not a fit model for anyone else to follow. She's a loony.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel

One must respect the classics.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• View Profile
It's only a flesh wound...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
What makes you think anything Gwyneth says has any relation to reality?

If it really is amicable, that's fine for them, but she's not a fit model for anyone else to follow. She's a loony.

You're still all hardened up in your feelings about her, Dave!

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This is more like it.  :mrgreen: