Author Topic: The Heritage  (Read 4028 times)

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
The Heritage
« on: June 13, 2012, 03:07:20 AM »
On a Dutch bas forum a came across a few pics form The Heritage basses. I had no idea The Heritage also built bass guitars. So far I only knew of their Les Paul guitars.

Any of you guys got any experience with The Heritage basses?

The look and feel of the HB-105 in the picture below is intriguing; that fifties P bass look and feel combined with the black (lo-z like?) pickup

And here's a few other models:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: The Heritage
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 03:15:37 AM »
Have you gone blind, Rob, these basses look horrible!!!  :o Charvelesque crap.

But then you must be very stressed at the moment given that it is only a few hours until the Dutch national spitting soccer team gets its butt kicked again ...
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:21:43 AM »
Have you gone blind, Rob, these basses look horrible!!!  :o Charvelesque crap.

Did I say it looks good? I am intrigued, by the pickup (which looks almost too narrow) and the single potentiometer.

You should know by now I don't care too much about soccer.
Especially when the entire country is being submerged in orange coloured plastic crap gadgets.

Droombolus

• Younger Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 03:28:04 AM »
given that it is only a few hours until the Dutch national spitting soccer team gets its butt kicked again ...

How nice of you to remember that golden moment in Dutch / German relations  ;). But I say: at least Rijkaard did hit something back when ( I still wonder how long Völler didn't wash his hair for good luck's sake )....... that's more than I can say for Van Persie ..... ;D
Experience is the ultimate teacher

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 04:24:26 AM »
Did I say it looks good? I am intrigued, by the pickup (which looks almost too narrow) and the single potentiometer.

You should know by now I don't care too much about soccer.
Especially when the entire country is being submerged in orange coloured plastic crap gadgets.

I'm intrigued by the bridge, which looks like it's about to fall off the edge of the body.

Speaking of orange...
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 07:57:32 AM »
I saw one of these, once, about a dozen years ago in a store. I don't remember the bridge being off the edge. What shocked me about it was that the fit and finish looked so bad, just the opposite of what I had seen in The Heritage guitars which are very nice. It made me doubt if they had actually built these in-house. More likely that they had it built for them. It was cheap, about $350 used. I didn't play it, just wasn't interested.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 08:04:58 AM »
I saw one of these, once, about a dozen years ago in a store. I don't remember the bridge being off the edge. What shocked me about it was that the fit and finish looked so bad, just the opposite of what I had seen in The Heritage guitars which are very nice. It made me doubt if they had actually built these in-house. More likely that they had it built for them. It was cheap, about $350 used. I didn't play it, just wasn't interested.

Yeah, their LP and 335 style guitars are outstanding. These ones look like cheap imports.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 08:17:37 AM »
Nothing in the least gibsonish about these models either, they sum up all the ugly aspects of Fender perfectly!  :vader:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:15:23 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 08:20:31 AM »
Those are about as minimalist as any instruments I've seen - second only to a washtub bass.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 01:38:26 PM »
Who's heritage? I'd be ashamed.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »
Who's heritage? I'd be ashamed.

Heritage is the successor to Gibson in Kalamazoo. It was formed by former Gibson employees, their factory is one of the old Gibson buildings and most of their original machinery was bought from Gibson.

All their guitars that I've seen are top notch.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 05:49:40 AM »
 Dave I am familiar with The Heritage being a Gibson spin off. Are those basses from the same company ? Alll the guitars I have seen from Heritage were as you say Dave top notch. These basses however are fugly. I didn't even know they were still in business.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 07:20:12 AM »
Dave I am familiar with The Heritage being a Gibson spin off. Are those basses from the same company ? Alll the guitars I have seen from Heritage were as you say Dave top notch. These basses however are fugly. I didn't even know they were still in business.

It's the same company. They're still in business, although I doubt you'll find many stores on their dealers list who actually have any in stock.

I would hate to think they made the HB-105 bass in-house. Especially since the one I saw looked so bad. Just don't know one way or the other.

This list from Orion's Blue Book shows several bass models from the 80s and 90s, including the HB-105. Very little info out there on these.