Author Topic: Heres one for you owners of Tbirds..  (Read 6484 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Heres one for you owners of Tbirds..
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2011, 12:40:41 PM »
BTW, where does that Jackson Bird sit tonally among the group? I was sorely tempted by her.

Well it's active with EMG's so really no relation to any of the others in tone which is fine by me, part of my reasons for wanting bass was that it would be different than all the others. I have used it at a couple of shows and several rehearsals too, I like how it plays, very shallow "U" shaped neck that reminds me of my old 4001, it's construction is flawless, set neck, Japanese precision, with a heavy tank like quality. The creme binding and metalflake paint are really well done.
 I actually need to spend a bit more time with it, and my GK and Line6 pedal, specifically on the parametric eq menu, it's close but not quite what I want (Think Eddie Jackson on Queensryche's "Operation Mindcrime") for a growly modern tone.
 What I don't understand is pricing for the bass, Bill's sale to me was very fair, and considering about 60 were made worldwide I would have thought it to be far more expensive.

Having "my way" with it  ;)

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...