Author Topic: Birds in formation  (Read 6501 times)

Dr Eagle

• Hogannnnnnnn!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Who-Dunnit a LIVE Tribute to The Who
Da Pod
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 10:01:31 PM »
Yeah, couldn't find a patch that worked on the pedal even with major modification for Entwistle.  I have downloaded patches from the line 6 site and just haven't found one that sounded right to me, not that there is a lack of patches on there supposedly like JAE. I tried starting with a basic tube preamp patch and gave up on that right away because the model is a bit too farty.  
I then went with a clean slate and built a piece at a time, never using too much of anything after reviewing the signal path documentation on The Who's web site. There is some chorus, reverb, distortion, and flange on the patch plus both parametric and graphic EQ, and it gets it pretty close IMHO.  Took me a long time to get the basic patch done to my satisfaction.  Blew the band away...  Once I had the basic one down, i copied it and customized it for the basses i usually use for the Who Tribute. Next project is to build the lead patch for " My Generation" but its not that all fired important.
I have also normalized the output levels using my own board to check the levels so they are all the same. And I guess I also need to update a patch for the epi T Bird... its a lot brighter than the Studio which I have a fair amount of top end in. I really like the pedal, it has been persnikerty at times when playing live.  I have had issues where there was a lot of RF energy (close to an AM radio tower) where it just didn't want to work normally and got noisy.  it is also easy to drag a cord on the control knobs and change the parameters or output volume and not notice it. It will drive you nuts trying to figure out why you have no volume.
Dr. Eagle
76 P Bass, 2 Carvin LB76s, 2 T Bird 5s, Warwick Buzzard 5 bolt
Carvin PB500, BX1200, Carvin 4 1x15F" cabs, Carvin 1x18" and 4x10", SWR Silverado Special 2x12", SWR Workingmans 10, Carvin PB100 Combo.

www.who-dunnit.net
A Tribute to the Who LIVE