Author Topic: Epi Thunderbird Pro  (Read 6467 times)

PWV

• View Profile
Re: Epi Thunderbird Pro
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2009, 09:18:58 AM »
I right up their with fast food & fake walnut plastic wood/contact paper.

OK, I'm with you on the fake walnut plastic wood/contact paper.  But my Patriotric blood begins to boil if you're even insinuating that my cheeseburger is in danger.  You will only take that bovine ambrosia away "from my cold, dead hands."  (Actually, that's probably what will kill me! )   :mrgreen:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2009, 09:43:17 AM »
I think you guys are just caught in a time warp with your compulsive-obsessive chrome fantasies, it's all very fifties/early sixties to me, sharkfin Buicks and ice cream parlors, commie threat, girls with either beehives or pony tails and they are all called Mary Lou. Reminds me of that Film "Pleasantville" a few years back (great film btw).

Rather cute and touchingly demented you are in other words! As long as general lack of chrome is the one great concern in your life, I'm happy for you.  :-*
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2009, 10:58:17 AM »
There was a guy that lived near me as a kid that had a Lake Placid blue 59 Caddy. I loved chrome ever since.

The whole black out the chrome thing happened with the first Knight Rider & the first Trans Am. Also the Ford Taurus in the first Robo Cop. Chrome died during the 80's - 90's

EvilLordJuju

• Mud is its own reward
    • View Profile
    • Fly Guitars
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2009, 01:53:41 PM »
I always considered chrome a gaudy "American" thing

To me chrome has no borders (except time perhaps). Lambrettas SX, Vespa GS, Volkswagen Beetle, Austin mini and Citroen DS. I'm sure the Europeans on the board know what i'm talking about.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
To me chrome has no borders (except time perhaps). Lambrettas SX, Vespa GS, Volkswagen Beetle, Austin mini and Citroen DS. I'm sure the Europeans on the board know what i'm talking about.

I agree. Car chrome is definitely not just an American thing.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2009, 07:18:27 PM »
+1 with the Chrome for me.

Guilty as charged  :sad:

Digresion our specialty!

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2009, 09:00:29 PM »
OK, I'm with you on the fake walnut plastic wood/contact paper.  But my Patriotric blood begins to boil if you're even insinuating that my cheeseburger is in danger.  You will only take that bovine ambrosia away "from my cold, dead hands."  (Actually, that's probably what will kill me! )   :mrgreen:

I'm sorry - Cheeseburgers SUCK!  That is until you have added BACON!! ;D ;D  That that makes a worthy burger :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ( Sincere apolgies to our veggy centered brethren ;))  You have both food groups in one dish - Beef & Pork :P :P

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 12:55:11 AM »
throw a fried egg on there too.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 12:56:03 AM »
i like chrome but old rusty chrome :-*
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2009, 05:32:37 AM »
I couldn't stop myself from doing this