Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283160 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2008, 12:05:02 PM »
Thanks for the tip Dave ! Looks like  I have a supplier ! I will order some soon..................................... I have to wait for this economy thing to settle down.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 12:26:11 PM »
A few years ago I was in contact with Pickguard Heaven about their Les Paul Bass / Triumph control plates.
But I never bought any of their stuff because I doubted wether it was anywhere near accurate. They kept insisting the Triumph originally had a two piece pickguard. I am 100% sure Gibson never made a Triumph bass with two piece pickguard. (The guitar version called Les Paul Recording guitar had a two piece set mounted, but the knob configuration on the control plate was located differently from the Triumph bass plate)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 03:43:44 PM »
Rob, the people I know who have used Pickguard Heaven have been pleased. But I hear you. With so many pickguards out there, a mistake is possible. They have a guarantee, but with overseas postage costs, it might cost too much to take advantage of it.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2008, 04:18:56 PM »
One of us here could always play guinea pig, and report the results.  It would be easier to verify, and send back if it was wrong, and then notify the masses.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2008, 07:12:56 PM »
Ive dealt with him. he does nice work a,but is real specific about what is what.
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

rockinrayduke

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2008, 10:46:25 AM »
I'm excited about this bass again! BUT, if they're going to have a big logo on the HS then they don't need one on the truss rod cover. Easy fix. Bass looks good!!

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2008, 11:07:17 AM »
Indeed: Makes no sense having the logo on the head stock twice .
I was going to ask them to leave the headstock blanco.
And have their logo only on the truss rod cover.
Maybe it's an idea to have the BaCH logo on the pickguard. After all, they do have a bird in the logo ;-)

rockinrayduke

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2008, 02:05:35 PM »
BaCH logo on the pickguard.

I sincerly hope not!  ;)

Bernardduur

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2008, 10:09:40 AM »
Indeed: Makes no sense having the logo on the head stock twice .
I was going to ask them to leave the headstock blanco.
And have their logo only on the truss rod cover.
Maybe it's an idea to have the BaCH logo on the pickguard. After all, they do have a bird in the logo ;-)

If I remeber correctly BaCH offered no-logo versions when I bought my RickenBaCHer. Maybe they still do.......
Full one pelvic bass shaggin'

Technophobia; pedals and more

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2008, 12:00:54 PM »
'Owdy! When my kids (full grown) got the Bach '51 P-bass for me, the day I turned... must have been, like, hrrm... well, anyways, they got me this bass that's a real pleasure to play. And it don't have any logo, except for the one that followed with the bass, in an envelope. So possibly they'll leave it all up to you, as Ricky Nelson once put it so neatly. (Now, that's Rick for you youngsters. Good singer. To bad he's Gone, gone, gone. As Phil and Don so correctly noticed.)

rockinrayduke

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2008, 06:04:20 PM »
About Rick Nelson.....my show band got a last minute call on New Years Eve in Dallas to play the party that Rick was on his way to. I couldn't believe they were still doing the show but I'm sure they presold a bunch of tickets. One of the saddest gigs of my career.

Bach does a pretty good job on that 51 reissue. Does it play as nice as it looks?

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2008, 06:58:56 PM »
Ray, I'll bet that was a hard gig.  About a year before that, I was in GC in Skokie, IL.  They had just opened up, and a couple of the guys were on Rick's road crew prior to GC.  They sorta verified that a lot of the rumors about Rick were true - they said he was hard to keep up with.  It's a shame, since it took him until the early '70s ("Garden Party") for so many people to take his music seriously.  Most people don't realize that it was him, and the Stone Canyon Band, that were literally the genesis of The Eagles.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2008, 11:26:46 PM »
Yeah, I agree with the good words on mr Nelson. Travelin' man is a great song, but my personal favourite is String along. A lyric that suited a teenager perfect!
Must have been a hard and sad gig, trying to fill the shoes of Rick Nelson. If my memory serves me well, that was the same thing that helped Bobby Vee break. It's soon 50 years since Buddy Holly died in a plane crash, in 1959. Vee and his brothers were invited to fill the gap. But was that before, or after, Dylans short stint with Vee (who's parents came from Sweden respectevly Finland)?
The Bach P-51: really nice bass, with smooth neck, and a sound that can be turned into something brutal when wanted. Which it is.

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2008, 03:57:29 PM »
If Bobby Vee is from Minnesota, then dollars to donuts he's a Swede.

Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2008, 05:14:36 PM »
If Bobby Vee is from Minnesota, then dollars to donuts he's a Swede.

He's from Fargo, don'cha know. Not Moorhead.  ;)

I lived in Minn-ahh-sohhh-ta long enough to know that there are more Minnesotans of German ancestry than from all the Scandinavian countries combined.