Author Topic: Deep Purple "Perfect Strangers" tour CD/DVD  (Read 6766 times)

lowend1

• View Profile
Re: Deep Purple "Perfect Strangers" tour CD/DVD
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 07:52:48 AM »
You'd think this song would get more mentions around here...

Yeah, that and "Nothin' To Lose".
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 08:34:55 AM »

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 09:29:23 AM »
They did that over here, too. Somehow it became a regular part of the shows, I guess - was that during "Strange Kind Of Woman"?

Good Grief Billy...! 29 years and you expect Mr Memory Man (with the brains of a squirrel) to remember that...? (might have been, iirc  ;))
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 10:47:56 AM »
Good Grief Billy...! 29 years and you expect Mr Memory Man (with the brains of a squirrel) to remember that...? (might have been, iirc  ;))

"Brains of a squirrel", eh? Hopefully you don't forget where you left your nuts...
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 04:22:04 PM »
They did that over here, too. Somehow it became a regular part of the shows, I guess - was that during "Strange Kind Of Woman"?
Actually, the talk about that process in the liner notes - how someone would improvise something and then that would become a regular part of the show. I actually used to be a Deep Purple fanatic (sorry I didn't leap to your defense Uwe!) - I had so many live albums, even a Beta tape of the California Jam concert (this is back in 1986 or so) - these guys took REALLY long solos - it was interesting how little melodic motifs would pop up - actually, the intro riff to Rainbow's cover of "Still I'm Sad" appeared during live versions of MK III's "You Fool No One" - the drum solo in the '84 DVD is like an abbreviated version of Ian Paice's solo during "The Mule" at California Jam.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness DP discourse!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 08:22:21 AM »
"Brains of a squirrel", eh? Hopefully you don't forget where you left your nuts...

Cough (and drop)

Sorry for the stream of consciousness DP discourse!

H... the day someone should apologise for something like this is the day Dave and Uwe should pull the plug... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...