Author Topic: Gibby choke tester needed  (Read 880 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
Gibby choke tester needed
« on: February 04, 2011, 11:49:08 AM »
Gibby tester needed. After talking with Curt this morning we came to the idea it would be worth getting a second opinion about the choke before proceeding to the next production level.

The specs of the original and the remake measure within a couple of thousandths of a Killiohm, and mine is on its way to me as well as the first one is on its way to another member here in the post. That being said, we want another opinion about the performance of the choke and want to get it installed in an EB3 of another member and get a report back to Curt as to the sound A/B’d against an original choke. Something I cannot do right now as I have no EB3.

He wants to send a choke to a member free and have it compared, then report back to him with the result. This one thing would make the availability of the chokes a reality instead of letting them set in obscurity as a one off project. It would involve installing the remake into an original EB3 and then putting the original back in, then sending a report to Curt. If the results are favorable, then he will offer them for sale via his website.

This will insure the validity of the item independently and he will then make the investment of buying a large allotment of bobbins. I will reimburse mailing fees should you wish to return it or let you have the choke you test.

PM me if you are interested.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 03:22:19 PM by sniper »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Gibby choke tester needed
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 05:12:23 PM »
A forum dedicated to  a quest for scientific certainty - where else but here?!!!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 06:15:25 PM »
Were the original chokes that consistant? Or was the "Old Lady Syndrome" a factor in these as it was in so many other aspects of guitar building in Kalamazoo.
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 07:24:36 PM »
A forum dedicated to  a quest for scientific certainty - where else but here?!!!

i wish i had your discerning ears Uwe.

Were the original chokes that consistant? Or was the "Old Lady Syndrome" a factor in these as it was in so many other aspects of guitar building in Kalamazoo.

i have no idea to be quite frank. about that time i was grinding welds on  battery boxes for the moon rover at Eagle-Pitcher burning the he__ out of my fingers as they would not let me wear gloves = thought i would warp the boxes with too much heat if my fingers were protected (as_ holes!!!)

i know it looks right and Curt says the specs are right on compared to the one i sent and what i told him. 1.5 Henry and 2.65 kohms. i had him measure the one i sent as i had measured another earlier. i don't think it will "blurp" out anything like i "blurped" an Altec system with my GK head in 73 after hearing those immortal words "That Altec should hold him, I have no idea how many watts it is!" It sizzled the Altec VOT system so I bought the head.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:34:42 PM by sniper »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW