Author Topic: New for 2021  (Read 12463 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: New for 2021
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2021, 06:45:46 PM »
Hey, you had your chance! If Operation Seelöwe had worked out, we would have carved the Kingdom up nicely (divide und rule) and you'd all have well-paid jobs in U-Boot shipyards of ze Reich + independence from England, what's not to like?!  :)

I do like the Sturgeon girl - lovely accent. Whether Scottish independence is the right way forward, I dunno, but the EU would - what's that Journey song again? - have "Open Arms" for you and your rugged landscapes. We'd have to chat up the Spaniards a little first though, but they still owe us for bringing peace and stability to them with our Legion Condor!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2021, 07:05:53 PM »
Ah... a moment of your time, my Lord... and vielen dank for the use of the word "Anglophile"...
Both Alan and I still live in a "colony" too, crying "Freedom" (in an Australian dialect) occasionally... From Parliament, tarring us as "Brits" is just a way of conning us that we are (still) part of the "English" Empire, which is finally and truly setting below that western horizon, from your residential perspective, as there never was a "British Empire"... just an English (Anglo) one hiding behind a name to make us feel like we belong, and after all, our "Monarchy" has roots in country that might be known to you... my father most certainly did not call her "my Queen" but certainly served her family long enough...
Little independent Schotland/Ecosse will be back as part of the Eu within our lifetimes... ;)

The only Australian I know is, "STRAYA CUNT!"

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2021, 05:10:03 AM »
The only Australian I know is, "STRAYA C*NT!"
Strewth Sport...! Ya strine fair burnt the caps off m' lappy...! :mrgreen:

Hey, you had your chance! If Operation Seelöwe had worked out, we would have carved the Kingdom up nicely (divide und rule) and you'd all have well-paid jobs in U-Boot shipyards of ze Reich + independence from England, what's not to like?!  :)

Ah yes... we'd probably still end up with the nuke subs just north west of Glasgstien... just a different flag fluttering at the gate... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2021, 12:28:35 PM »

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2021, 01:37:25 PM »
So indeed also a Flying V bass. Like the logo on the mirror pickguard suggested.

By coincidence I know a certain Dutch guy who has just completed the build of a 34" Flying V bass with Thunderbird pickups and nine ply neck-through construction... 8)

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2021, 01:39:19 PM »
Wow, surprised to see left-handed options. But these Gene basses don't do much for me.  The thing says the sound will be "off the charts." They look like TB+.

BTL

• View Profile
    • Lowe Custom Guitars
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2021, 02:54:00 PM »
Is the Mesa Boogie acquisition what's new?

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2021, 03:04:13 PM »
The first new models in Gibson's coming Over The Hill Rock Stars collections.  :mrgreen:

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2021, 03:09:30 PM »
The first new models in Gibson's coming Over The Hill Rock Stars collections.  :mrgreen:

Haha. Which do you think is next?

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2021, 04:43:16 PM »
As an owner of six Flying V basses from four different companies (Ibanez, Kramer, Gibson & Dean), all I can say is that building one that will sound more than ok is a task and a challenge. Let's see.  :popcorn:

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2021, 05:35:14 PM »
As an owner of six Flying V basses from four different companies (Ibanez, Kramer, Gibson & Dean), all I can say is that building one that will sound more than ok is a task and a challenge. Let's see.  :popcorn:

But Gene said it has "a sound that is off the charts."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2021, 09:55:40 PM »
I'm not sure he knows what he is getting himself into. The only Flying Vs he ever got close to were probably those smashed and occasionally played by Paul Stanley. I don't believe that Gene intends to deliver junk, as I've stated before the Punisher makes sense from a design perspective.

Dave posted years ago some physical examination of guitar body shapes and there wasn't really one unsuitable among them with one notable exception: the Flying V because of the distance of the wing ends to where the strings actually vibrate.

I believe it will have to be neck-thru with a beefy neck to approach a decent sound. My Dean Razorback (assless chaps as case candy!) which is extra-long scale, neck-thru and has an aircraft carrier deck of a neck (it's supposed to be suitable for B E A D tuning, I've heard that young players like that) is the best-sounding one of my flock of Vs. Not great-sounding, just goodish.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2021, 10:09:14 PM »
Haha. Which do you think is next?

The Gibson Dee Snider Cosmetics Collection -- powered by Maybelline.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2021, 10:57:03 PM »
In that case it can't be long until the Joey DiMaio signature assless chaps. Death to false men's lingerie!