Gear Discussion Forums > Bass Amps & Effects

Gibson LP-12 anyone??

<< < (2/4) > >>

Granny Gremlin:
Around the time this came out, Garnet was the OEM for some of their other amps (some of the less desirable of the Lab series IIRC).  Garnet is the only other instrument amp maker I know of to use horns in their cabs.  Usually it was their PA cabs, but also a few guitar units.  Perhaps there was some cross-polination here.

Dave W:
I don't know which Gibson Lab series were made by Garnet, only that some of the were pretty well regarded. Ty Tabor and B.B. King were Lab users at one time.

Rob:

--- Quote from: Chris P. on March 21, 2017, 09:37:42 AM ---

Am I the only one thinking of this when I read LP12?

--- End quote ---

Umm Nope!

Grog:
I was under the impression that the amp was built at the Standel factory. Gibson quit amp production around this time at Kalamazoo. CMI had purchased the holdings of the Standel Co. A book of mine states that the "G" Series amps were built there, but no mention of the "Batwing models or the LP-12.

slinkp:

--- Quote from: Granny Gremlin on March 21, 2017, 12:11:38 PM ---Around the time this came out, Garnet was the OEM for some of their other amps (some of the less desirable of the Lab series IIRC).  Garnet is the only other instrument amp maker I know of to use horns in their cabs.  Usually it was their PA cabs, but also a few guitar units.  Perhaps there was some cross-polination here.
--- End quote ---

The other that comes to mind is the Vox cabinets for the (UK) AC50 and AC100 and the (USA, transistor) Super Beatle amps.
They had a 2x12 with one horn and a 4x12 with two horns.

http://www.voxshowroom.com/us/amp/v4141.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version