Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

Frank Zappa beer?!!!

(1/4) > >>

hieronymous:
Well, OK, maybe that's a misnomer, more like "beer commemorating Frank Zappa":

Lagunitas Brewing Co. is releasing 22 oz. bottles commemorating the 40th anniversaries of Frank Zappa's albums.

When the "Lumpy Gravy" one came out, I decided to get more creative with my commemorative pictures of these commemorative bottles.

Before:

After:

Keep an eye out - "We're Only In It For The Money" is due in April!

Barklessdog:
All that missing are the titties!

chromium:
Cool - that combines two things I like a lot (well... three, if you include John's post!)

I'll have to look for that.  I'm excited because a new grocery store (AJ's) just popped up down the street, and they have a large enough beer section to warrant having a "Beer Steward".   ;D

My kinda joint!

Barklessdog:
I don't know Zappa beer sound like it would taste like his song lyrics...

Offensive

hieronymous:
I found mine at Safeway (a local chain) so hopefully they're distributing it pretty widely.

I agree, Zappa can be offensive, in the early years he seemed more conscientious and political, things got more and more juvenile and sexist as time went on. I tend to just listen to the instrumental stuff! But the first album that turned me on (so to speak) was Fillmore East...

I don't think the beer itself is any different, just the label.

Plus, it was fun to pull out my vinyl copy of Lumpy Gravy! There's an instrumental version of "Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance" on there, even though the song titles aren't listed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version