Author Topic: Corona Out Of Hell/Heaven Didn't Wait  (Read 858 times)

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
Re: Corona Out Of Hell/Heaven Didn't Wait
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2022, 11:33:43 AM »
LOL, a(nother) blatant case of whitewashing a black artist!!! My public image is now ruined with all Americans.

Let's be inclusive: And black Americans too.

PS: Whitney, forgive me.

And you didn't always whine like that Westheimer dude has claimed either!

This is the only Whitney Houston song I ever liked.  She is a good vocalist I just wasn't into the songs or the production (which made her voice more peircing).

Wait for it - spoiler alert: she joins the JAMs in the end.

How's that for whitewashing? Knowing those guys, even ignoring Scottish stereotypes, I doubt that was legit (predates their ABBA lawsuit).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 11:43:52 AM by Granny Gremlin »
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Out Of Hell/Heaven Didn't Wait
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2022, 01:27:57 PM »
LOL, musical discussions at the Outpost are always risky business for me - the discussion on Blondie that came up here had me rethink whether my "Blondie Collection" (consisting of a Best Of and two of their more recent albums) really gave me enough meat to pass comprehensive judgement on the band - fast forward a few days and here I am now with a 11 CD or so complete discography of the New Yorkers to wade through, listening to their sophomore album Plastic Letters just now (at this early stage of their career, Debbie was certainly not yet someone you would call a "singer", more like a female Lou Reed, but it sure has New Wave charm). Perhaps, by the end of the week, I might turn into a (late) convert!

But I'm balancing this with also listening to a 10 CD box of Ella Fitzgerald (her Porgy & Bess with Satchmo is amazing)

and catching up with Ozzy's complete output (I had some gaps there).

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...