Author Topic: Hiwatt 2150 First gig tonight !  (Read 8031 times)

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
Re: Hiwatt 2150 First gig tonight !
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 09:29:23 AM »
As long as things make sense to me I'm good ;) I really enjoyed the cab last night full big growly stage filling tone ! It lacked the sustain on the D and G string, might be due to the realitivley low volume level due to the size of the place, I can't wait to pair it with my other cabs !

anyone notice the 5 basses on the rack..  Assume.  you make us proud... never enough base=ses is what i always say.....

Page was usually too drunk to play especially later on...
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 10:10:21 AM »
5 is to many, even for me. The fretless I use for two songs, The Grabber is half step Tuning and I use that for three songs, The Jazz is for the Zep stuff, The two birds for everything else. I should knock it down to one bird but it is so hard to chose !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Funkster

• View Profile
    • JFHProductions
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 05:35:24 AM »
Scott how big is your Car/Van or truck  ;D :mrgreen: Do you use an A/B/Y switch to change from bass to bass?
LIFE Is all about ass. You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it. 
http://www.jfhproductions.net/
Henry

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 06:31:17 AM »
Scott how big is your Car/Van or truck  ;D :mrgreen: Do you use an A/B/Y switch to change from bass to bass?
'03 Honda Odyssey I can fit 5 basses three cabs two heads, cable case wardrobe bag etc. in it. I love it ! No switching for the basses though I do use a Seymour Duncan pickup booster pedal for my weaker basses (Fenders)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 04:25:34 AM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Funkster

• View Profile
    • JFHProductions
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 06:42:28 AM »
Nice bro and I enjoyed the vid of your band very much....
LIFE Is all about ass. You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it. 
http://www.jfhproductions.net/
Henry

birdie

• Trying hard to be the person my dog thinks I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 07:54:53 PM »
I now officially hate you ;D
Fleet Guitars

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 10:07:21 AM »
well, you've only yourself to blame, Texan... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 06:04:35 AM »
I now officially hate you ;D
I thought we had long crossed that line in our relation ship ;) After posting the band on a bad night I feel compeled to post the band on a good night. No Hiwatt cab but 2 Hiwatt Hiwatt heads in the back line  ;D <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XGxIoL8GJ3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XGxIoL8GJ3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 06:08:14 AM »
'03 Honda Odyssey I can fit 5 basses three cabs two heads, cable case wardrobe bag etc. in it. I love it ! No switching for the basses though I do use a Seymour Duncan pickup booster pedal for my weaker basses (Fenders)

Haha, Scott drives a MINIVAN!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 06:22:16 AM »
Yeah but it's filled with cool stuff  ;D

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 07:51:21 AM »
Rockin' Scott!!  :thumbsup:
Digresion our specialty!

Big_Stu

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 08:14:33 AM »
The issue with the highs and the lows is something that plagues anyone without a mixed range of cabs - run her with a 12" cab should be spot on for your smaller gigs... I know your 200 has a similar tone and feel to my 100 so that ain't gonna be the issue... IIRC, you could lay that cab sideways and stick a 412 on top (where space is limited); it won't look out of place, and that should give you what you want...

You could also experiment with a 4 x 12 stood behind the 2 x 15" pointing either backwards or possibly sideways. As I say, experiment. But in the right place & with the correct separation (breathing room) between the cabs & ports it'll beef up a fat sound but obviously give the mids. Main thing is it gets the amp working hard & balanced.

Nice to see Scott, I assume that's/was H's 201??   ;D

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 08:21:07 AM »
Hi Stu, Same here ! Yep that's H's DR201. For that gig I did just fine with the 2x15, There really wasn't room for another cab anywhere and frankly for the $ earned it's not worth the effort. Next week we start our run of outdoor summer shows, more cabs for sure !

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 08:36:36 AM »
Haha, Scott drives a MINIVAN!

Manly men with nothing to prove drive minivans ;D

It does takes some stones to drive a Mommiewagon on a daily basis :P 

Says the guy that drives an 07 Dodge Caravan every day ;)

At least nobody pulls up beside me at a red light and sees me in my minivan and thinks "penis car"!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 09:00:49 AM »
Laugh all you want, best gear hauler I have ever owned! I use it as a family, gear, boat, antique hauler, paint wagon, and picker van. I love the thing and would buy another. And there is plenty of room for me and the missus...............................if you get my drift ;)