Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

Two more short scale 4030's

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dave W:

--- Quote from: morrow on September 13, 2022, 02:20:29 PM ---That bridge position looks like the regular scale. Did they shorten the body?
I like the old thicker horns .

--- End quote ---

No, it's not in the same position as the regular scale.

amptech:
I'd love to have a shortie rick. My old 4001 don't get much playtime anymore. Not a fan of above colours,  but a short rick is a definite turn-on. White short 4000 with checkerbinding please :mrgreen:

amptech:

--- Quote from: morrow on September 13, 2022, 02:20:29 PM ---That bridge position looks like the regular scale. Did they shorten the body?
I like the old thicker horns .

--- End quote ---
The Rinus bass looks like it has normal bridge position,  but different neck joining.

ilan:
For the 4030 the use a regular 4000 Series carcass, then position the bridge further up the body and install a 24-fret 30" scale Richlite fretboard.

A 4003 can be converted to 4030 with a new fretboard and a refin to cover up the plugged mute and pickup routs. It's doable. If I were going to have one made, I'd opt for JG/BT to blur the new bridge position, and use an ebony board.

gearHed289:
I still think that big old tailpiece looks silly way into the body like that. Should have used a Schaller. Other than that, these seem pretty cool, but I don't play short scales enough to spend that kind of money on one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version