Author Topic: Man Caves?  (Read 367 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Man Caves?
« on: March 30, 2014, 12:33:01 PM »
I suspect that in many cases, the "man caves" of those here (and "woman caves" for some members) are mostly their practice and music rooms.  That's most ly the case for me as well.

However, for the past couple of years I've had a 25" CRT-TV in my garage for entertainment while working on cars.  But a 25" TV on a swiveling wall mount is a beast!

Yesterday I replaced it with a used 26" Samsung flat-screen on a swivel mount.  I get the signal using an X10 remote "TV sender" from an upstairs bedroom.  You can see the silver X10 receiver mounted on the wall just above the TV.  I can even change the channels on the satellite receiver through the X10 unit.

There's a chest freezer under it and a 7-foot car top carrier stored above it in a pair of mounts that keep it up at the ceiling.  Farther down the wall is my Shopsmith, and beyond that, a 4'x8' 1-foot deep wall storage unit I built and mounted so that there's room to stack sheets of plywood and cardboard underneath, as well as preserving room for door swings.

It's not a fancy man cave, but it has its attractions.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Man Caves?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 03:54:30 PM »
There is an iPod speaker dock in the shed ... gathering dust, like the RD and the AD ... :rolleyes:

I'd find "moving-images" somewhat distracting... maybe...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...