Author Topic: Fiesta Red P stolen  (Read 5798 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Fiesta Red P stolen
« on: November 17, 2008, 06:53:48 AM »
A friend of mine borrowed my MIM 50s P for some days for a gig. He left it in his car, someone broke in. And it's gone:(

rahock

• View Profile
Re: Fiesta Red P stolen
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 07:50:51 AM »
Sorry to hear about this :sad:
Many moons ago at my very first music lesson at the age of 13, the first words out of my teachers mouth were, "don't ever leave your instrument sitting in the back seat of a parked car."
The night before my teacher lost a guitar that way :o

Rick

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 09:15:52 AM »
Too bad.

He's no friend of yours if he cares so little for your instrument that he would leave it in a car.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 09:19:15 AM »
Well, he left his car for half an hour, because he had to arrange something after a gig. In that period it's done. I leave basses in my car for half an hour too sometimes. But of course the guy's very sorry and he can kick himself in the balls now for doing that. It's his responsibility, so he pays. But he;'s a good friend, so I feel bad for him too.

And it was a newe bass, but i was a little attached. I played a gig at the famous Paradiso venue with it.

But the reason to buy that bass was to keep my vintage basses at home. This one's replacable. My '76 Bird or 4005 hardly are.

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 02:26:28 PM »
This one's replacable.

Amen.  At least your buddy can get you another pretty much anywhere.  Or have the car insurance cover it.  I hope you (everyone) has the serial number written down to cover you for that, and to file a police report.  You never know - you could be watching the grass grow in 2018 when the cops call to say it turned up.  That does happen!
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

nofi

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 03:33:37 PM »
let him kick himself in the balls anyway, if that's even possible.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 05:42:38 PM »
...  You never know - you could be watching the grass grow in 2018 when the cops call to say it turned up.  That does happen!

Sure does. In early 2006 Eric Johnson recovered 3 or 4 guitars that had been stolen from him in the 80s.

Bass VI

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 10:51:25 PM »
Sorry to hear that Chris,

I've "lost" two basses to theivery, my first real bass ( '74 Precision ) and oddly my second bass ( '77 4001 ) both of them stolen just as yours' was, meaning I loaned them to friends. The P was stolen from a garage, mom left the garage door open and went on errands, they ( my friends parents )  paid for that one. The Ric was stolen from a friends house ( they got a lot of other stuff too ) never got anything but "sorry dude" on that one. The amazing thing is that about five years ago a guy who had done some work on the P called and told me he thought he'd seen it at a local shop that deals with mostly used gear. Sure enough it was, albeit with a broken neck a refin and no neckplate ( serial # ). The shop owner ( who is shady ) wanted to give me grief about getting it back, his story was along the lines of " Hey, no serial number you can't prove it's yours and it's vintage. " he threw out some ridiculous figure... about a grand, I just about punched him! In the end, I got it back ( had more than enough proof that it was mine, including the threat of a 20+ year old police report ) for $150.00 ( for his trouble.....) I had the original pickups and covers, found a neck and did a refin ( back to blonde ) and here it is............

With its' cousin the "Phil".....

Sooooooooo....................you might get it back ( although we will both have to depend on divine justice to deal with the theiving bastards ) if the timing works out, I should get the Ric back in about 2011.

Scott ( BassVI )
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
All my pictures of you

Bart!

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 04:05:32 AM »
Or have the car insurance cover it.
When stolen out of a car, even if it is/was locked, the insurance won`t cover for it. They reason you shouldn`t have left it in there if it was of value.

Great to hear you got at least one of your basses back, Bass VI, too bad you had to pay for "the trouble".

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 03:46:21 PM »
On the contrary, it may very well be that either your or your friend's homeowners insurance might cover that stolen bass.  I strongly recommend calling and finding out.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 05:04:04 AM »
No lecture but in the 37 years I have been playing I never ever leave basses in the van. They are they first thing I load in to the gig, the last when leaving (they go in the van and I leave) and get stored in the house when I get home no matter how  late/early it is.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 10:00:27 AM »
The bass which was stolen in November was never found back. My colleague bought me a new one, but because we're both in touch with the guys at Fender (we both work at a music magazine) we made a nice price:)

So I have a brand new Fiesta Red '50s P again!

Bart!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 11:00:28 AM »
It`s nice to know you`re back to playing Fender again! ;D

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 11:30:50 AM »
Yeah, I can leave my Gibson shit at home again;)

Bart!

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 03:57:14 AM »
Yeah and the Rickenthingy`s too...

Seriously, it is great that your friend and You could work this out.