Author Topic: No Bland Bass  (Read 2033 times)

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
No Bland Bass
« on: November 21, 2010, 10:07:01 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/No-bland-Old-P-Bass-perfect-first-bass-beginner-/260696122434?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cb2b32442

He says it in the title and in the listing. How can we be sure it isn't bland?
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: No Bland Bass
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 02:12:08 PM »
Honoulabul Japanese manufactular - problem telling R's from L (bow?) ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 02:54:32 PM »
I think it's a No-Name bland.

Definitely used, not bland new.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 09:39:37 PM »
That's the way I took it too.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 05:53:13 AM »
I figured he meant 'brand'. I just found it amusing that he spelled it wrong twice, and that in this case bland isn't a good description to use to sell something. My sister lives in Japan and will send us items that have instructions that make no sense, along with a lot of L's replacing R's.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 09:16:44 AM »
Can't ship to US because of customs/security. Is that a common problem?

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 04:10:43 PM »
I believe there are some nations that the US gets a bit twitchy about - is there something your govenrment hasn't told you...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 09:08:43 PM »
AFAIK there's no problem with Japanese sellers shipping instruments to the US. This particular seller probably just doesn't want to deal with whatever is involved. I can understand that.

copacetic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 10:27:36 AM »
About 3 weeks new restrictions were imposed on boxes/packages from Japan to the U.S. Nothing above 460 grams can be shipped(this may be true of some other countries as well) via Post (this includes SAL and EMS). Not sure where UPS or Fedex are on this but have been told the same. I have a business based in Japan and this is a huge problem right now. Musical instruments of course fall into this category as well. The only boxes (and there are size and weight restrictions on those as well) that can be sent have to be sea shipped which generally take 8 weeks! The only way around it is to find someone who is shipping containers and if you can consolidate with them you can receive it in about 4-5 weeks (do you know anybody in the car or antique furniture business?). I have also been informed that these restrictions are permanent. I really wonder how Miki Gakki and Japanese (other countries) Ebay sellers are going to deal with this?  

copacetic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 09:58:59 AM »
After investigating the EMS & SAL matter as it involves my business with Japan: Only companies with contracts over a year with the express mailing system (EMS & SAL in Japan) can send packages above 460 grams to the U.S from now. Companies like ishibashi already have these contracts in place so they can carry on. However independent sellers or individuals will be relegated to the surface method which also has it's limitations. Families with relatives in the U.S. and Ebayers etc. are in a quandary. 

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 04:17:47 PM »
Thanks for the explanation. Too bad for those affected. At least the longtime sellers with contracts can still ship guitars.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 04:27:55 PM »
I feel so much safer! :rolleyes: