Author Topic: Bachbird Artec question  (Read 843 times)

Hornisse

Bachbird Artec question
« on: January 26, 2010, 12:54:47 PM »
I'm going to have new pots installed on my Bach and want to know what the correct value volume and tone for the Artec pickup is?  Also the Artec has 4 colored wires.  Can anyone here tell me what the 4 wires do regarding the pickup?  Thanks for any help!

Robert

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Re: Bachbird Artec question
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 02:14:01 PM »
I used a 500 K audio taper push/pull pot.
Now I can choose between humbucking mode and single coil.

Here's how it was explained to me. (and I'm non technical):

If you take the push pull pot you have 6 poles. 2 upper, 2 middle en 2 lower. This switch is a DPDT switch that connects
middle poles (both isolated) either down or up. In the down position (pot knob down) the middle poles are connected to the lower poles.
(This is not the case with all push pulls, so you have to check it with a resistance meter)

OK, out of the Artec come a few leads (5 in total I believe) and the red + white ones will be connected + shrink tube. Remove the shrink tube and solder these 2 leads to 1 of the middle poles on the switch. Solder a lead to ground at the upper pole (above the middle pole that you used for the red / white lead).
You can take ground anywhere.

Ready. When you switch you connect red /white lead to ground which results in a single coil , the other coil is entirely to ground (green = hot, white =
ground, red = ground, black = ground).

Hornisse

Re: Bachbird Artec question
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 02:19:29 PM »
Thanks Rob!