Author Topic: Other BaCH's  (Read 5123 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Re: Other BaCH's
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 07:55:27 PM »
There is a few of us left here but not really enough to warrant a tour of any kind.
Digresion our specialty!

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 03:56:20 AM »

:mrgreen:
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 05:48:29 AM »
It's a damn shame they mean absolutely zip over here... I may be the only fan left in the UK...  :sad:

I've got a few tracks ripped to mp3s off compilation albums, but somehow they never drove me to investigate any further.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 06:31:16 AM »

:mrgreen:

Now you are just showing off Mike  ;D  Man that it beautiful. DS'd an' all. Maho body, how does that combo sound?
Digresion our specialty!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 02:56:43 PM »
GFR - Homer Simpson's favourite band...  ;)

I'd be happy to "loan" you a selection, Phil, of what I consider to be worth further investigation, but music is relative - any ten in a room...  ;)

Schacher is a stunning bassist, and Craig Frost was a great keys player, who went on to the "Silver Bullet Band" (as did Brewer, for a while) but Mark Farner is a competent guitarist and Don Brewer an extrovert but not brilliant drummer - Farner could write a mean hook, but God found him...  ;D
They could be described as being 2 different bands - 3 piece garage metal/noise (hated by the press with a vehmence - they had ten straight Platinum releases but meant squat over here...) where the most notable would probably be the "Live", but there are real gems in "Closer To Home", "Survival" & "E Pluribus Funk",  and 4 piece slick melodic rock (courtesy of Todd Rundgren, Jimmy Ienner(?) and Frank Zappa, yes, ole Frank hiself...) - "Shinin' On" is a standout track and CD, with some outstanding Rundgren soloing, and "Were An American Band" is a US Standard...
US buddies - did Bon Jovi used to encore with WAAB...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 03:21:01 PM »
The music press here hated GFRR and were furious that so many people loved them anyway.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 04:15:13 PM »
Ken, my opinion of Don Brewer is the opposite of yours. I would put him in my top 3 drummers to play in a band with. I absolutely love his playing. Just about anything live, he just shines IMHO.
Digresion our specialty!

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 07:35:38 PM »
GFR - Homer Simpson's favourite band...  ;)

Who could resist that "bong rattling bass"?

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2009, 05:15:00 AM »
I never had the good fortune to have seen him, but don't get me wrong, Bret, I'm a big fan... it's just that "T. N. U. C." is not one of the most inspiring solos I've ever heard, then again, awesomely more inspiring than "Moby Dick"...

5 drummers that have seriously impressed me without thinking too hard...

Neal Peart, Terry Bozzio, Ian Paice, Keith Moon, Ed Cassidy & Cliff Davies...

er... that's six...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 07:55:44 AM »
Considering I paid about $220 for bass & case awesome .  I have a badass bridge for it  but have not installed it. I used a bayou  wiring harness he makes for the DS pup. I had orig destined the DS for an Ibanez semi install but fell for the BaCH, sold the Ibanez. There is also a pup ring with a thumb rest on the top edge I like a lot . forget where I got it though . The ol pit ,I believe.
 Im gonna play her this week , kinda forgot about her with all the gibbys around. lime green P bass tooo......... :mrgreen:

The tele also has a  nat finish, you can see the grain holes.....
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

tore00

• Southern by grace of God
    • View Profile
    • Snakebite
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 01:52:37 PM »
Well, I would be happy to invite all you to my band rehersals and to first show, that hope will that will happen shortly: we are a Grand Funk Railroad Italian cover band!
Maker of the Bad-Sonic Pickups

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 02:20:57 PM »
Grazie mille... but still some trip, even for me...  ;D

Hornisse

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 08:12:44 PM »
I was a big fan of GFR.  Was lucky enough to see them in 1998 when Farner was with them.  I guess that was the last tour for him.  Mel played a Zon and I was blown away by his playing.  The whole band was on top of their game.  I couldn't speak for a few days afterward because I was screaming out the lyrics.  Could not hear for a few days either!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 06:09:38 AM »
Do you guys do any GFR Scott?  ;)
Oh what the hell shameless plug.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2010, 08:05:22 AM »
Guessed that without even hitting the button  :P - still played it again as it's a great version... "Good Singin', Good Playin'" to coin an LP titled expression...  ;D